• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Louisiana Gunsmith (barrel threading)

The_Hoff

Team Swampkatz
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
NH, former New Orleans LA
looking for a smith in Louisiana to thread my AR15 barrel

Its 24" stainless steel, 5.56nato chamber, heavy bull barrel, 1:8 twist, made by ER Shaw.

I need 1/2-28 threads and a thread protector made.

Any good smiths in LA, that are also reasonably priced?

Re: Louisiana Gunsmith (barrel threading)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for a smith in Louisiana to thread my AR15 barrel

Its 24" stainless steel, 5.56nato chamber, heavy bull barrel, 1:8 twist, made by ER Shaw.

I need 1/2-28 threads and a thread protector made.

Any good smiths in LA, that are also reasonably priced? </div></div>

http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com/

Roscoe is here on the hide. He's a dam good smith.

I just went to see Mr. Don Geraci in Independence, LA to get a R700 threaded for a brake. My local gun guy sends all of his barrel work to Mr. Don. I made an "appointment" with him by phone and he did the job while I waited. Google his name and give him a call. You will be in the presence of a world record bench shooter and damn fine rifle builder that is easy to get along with. It's about a 45 minute drive from the southshore, up I-55 to the Independence exit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what did it run for a thread job guarddog if you don't mind </div></div>

Any time spent that that crazy old Dego (Mr. Don) is priceless and he does some fantastic work.

But if you don't mind shipping the barrel out Mr Roscoe does awsome work

I was going to say, Roscoe or Don Geraci, also you could try Lacombe Gunsmith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also you could try Lacombe Gunsmith. </div></div>

not sure who his machinest is now days but i had half a job done by them a while back and i woulden't let them thread a mop handel. They are simply a parts changer and not even decient at that

Look up William Roscoe, and you will be in great hands.

I would go with William Roscoe. Roscoe has work on and built my rifle in the past and will be my smith in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with William Roscoe. </div></div>

+1

Be sure to kick in a large bottle of La. Hot Sauce with final payment.
grin.gif

I'm not sure if William Roscoe is taking any work of that sort at present, but I could be wrong. Give him a call.

Josh