• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Louisiana Hog Hunters, New Law's

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The time of day soon won’t factor into whether hunters can kill feral hogs, nutria and other critters the state calls “outlaw quadrupeds.”

A new law signed by Gov. John Bel Edwards and taking effect Saturday allows licensed hunters to shoot certain invasive and nuisance animals at night during the entire year on private property. State regulations had limited the hunting of these animals, which include coyotes, armadillos and beaver, to daylight hours. The new law also allows hunters to kill first and report later. Previously, a hunter had to get permission before hunting a problem animal at night.

The rule changes may be especially helpful in curbing the growth of feral hogs, which tend to be more active at night. Descendants of domesticated pigs, feral hogs have caused widespread destruction of croplands and coastal wetlands. They’re also blamed for gobbling up imperiled species of salamanders and turtles, and raiding the nests of shorebirds, wild turkeys and alligators.

BACON BRIGADE HERE WE COME. Right shoulder arms! Forward march!

biggrin.gif

Good news. We need it.
My Father in Law was a 3rd generation farmer. Hogs can do acres of damage in just one night.
I don't deer hunt, but when I retire, I will be retiring out to the farm homestead where my wife grew up, and I do look forward to a bunch of hog hunting.

That's pretty funny.....I have a buddy near Shreveport who has been slaying hogs 24/7 with thermal and suppressor on his land for years. I know he is relieved now lol.

Honestly, I doubt the game wardens would have done anything to him. Everybody knows how destructive they are, and that they need to be eliminated. The rule is, if you see a hog, kill it.

Honestly, I doubt the game wardens would have done anything to him. Everybody knows how destructive they are, and that they need to be eliminated. The rule is, if you see a hog, kill it.
No doubt. I was being facetious. If I had to take a guess far more land owners have not waited on the states permission to go after them at night. They are cockroaches

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Since antifa has been classified as a terrorist org. to me that also makes them an invasive species, are they included? Asking for a friend.

• Love
Reactions: Blue Sky Country