• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lousiana Precision?

460mag

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Longview, Tx
Howdy folks. Been snoopin and pooping on here for several months now. Thought Id be sociable.

Im looking for a smith for a 300 wm build.Prefer to keep my green as local as possible. Kinda lookin at Louisiana Precision. Hoping some of you may have some experience with him or any reputable riflesmith in the NE Texas area.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lousiana Precision?

Jump over to the gunsmithing forum and look at his threads on truing and chambering. I have only seen one of his rifles at a match and the work was beautiful. He is one of those smiths that kinds of makes you look like shit on a bad shot because there is no way you can blame the hardware.

Already been there and like what I see. Spoke with him on the phone today. Just thought Id feel around a bit, before I carry him my basket full of parts.

Roscoe is good to go.

The .308 in the green AICS on his gallery page is mine. It turned out so damn good I'm having him build me 4 more rifles. He's got one right now, and I'm waiting on barrels for the rest.

+1 on William, he's a true artist, an he knows what he's doing. He just did a build for me,
29w947s.jpg

I would highly recommend him, and will go back to him again for future business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look great. How do they shoot? </div></div>

Theses are just a few of mine. Over a two year period, my personal rifles and rifles I've built have been winning the local matches, others are always in the top five. I think they shoot fine.

of7onr.jpg

if i had it to do all over again id still go with william for a build. i kept putting off shipping my basket of parts off to someone because i either
A. wasnt clear on their prices, quality, customer service
B. intimidated by wait time

not only does he have a perfectly informative website, but hes got numerous process illustrations here on the hide, and is always quick to answer questions.

and notice im saying 'he' and not 'they'. dealing 1:1 was really a welcome change, and i also appreciated that he diddnt talk down to me despite my novice on the topic of which 308 chamber i wanted, which i had somehow overlooked in all of my homework. but after reading everything i could and speaking with him, i knew that my blind investment was a safe one, and i could set all concern aside.

so OP, your basket of parts couldnt be in better hands. dealing with confidence is an understatement.

On his website is my AI/AE re-barreled in 6.5x47; the second group fired in the new barrel was nearly one hole with 123Scenars. What more do you want?
His paint jobs are excellent too; he's about to paint a 1911 for me and any future bolt gun builds I do, Roscoe will be my smith.

Not only does it look like he builds good rifles, I think he stepped up and helped out a member who got a bad rifle from another builder (who does not advertise here)

Yep,that was my rifle he fixed,William is a great guy and true professional gunsmith.He will build you a fine rifle for sure!

Roscoe,
I got a few questions for ya. Thought about e-mailin em but figgered it might benefit other potential customers as well, so here they are.

I guess first and foremost you need my intent and desires. Simply put, Im looking for a sub MOA 1000 yd rifle for mostly paper and occasionally letting the air out of a hog or 12.

I'll be bringing you a Rem 700, 7mm Mag barreled action, a 26" Douglas XX #7 1/10, an OPS brake, a ???? barrel lug, and a ????? bolt knob. Id like the action/bolt trued,knob istalled, barrel and brake fitted and installed.All of which I would like finished in one matt color, probably basic black. Boring I know.

Im hoping to squirt 190 SMK's out of it, but dont want to not be able to shoot 220gn ???'s out of her. I would like to do the trigger work and stock inletting myself.

Question:

1- Does this plan work for you?

2- What do you recommend/prefer for barrel lug?And bolt knob?

3- If I can have everything there w/in a couple of weeks whats an estimated turn around time?

4- Do you require a deposit? Pay up front? Pay upon completion?

5- Accepted methods of payment?

6- This should probably wait til after you build my rifle, and its with all due repect, but are you friggen sick dude?LOL. That lil old lady with all the hail damage was just wrong man. I mean wrong!

Lookin forward to doing business with ya.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only seen one of his rifles at a match and the work was beautiful. </div></div>
his work has made it all the way to the west coast? he built a rifle for me and has done several other projects (bedding, painting, etc.). all work was GTG and the 6.5 he built me shoots beyond good.

Roscoe hooked me up on some little pidly dink work most other smith wouldn't even take the time to listen to me ask for. I've talked to him a couple times on the phone is he is really down to earth and will tell you like it is. I say send him your parts ans some good faith money and don't worry about

Im hoping to squirt 190 SMK's out of it, but dont want to not be able to shoot 220gn ???'s out of her. I would like to do the trigger work and stock inletting myself. <span style="font-weight: bold">1-10" will work great but, I'd limit myself to the 210 Bergers. They shoot so good and flat I think they're superior to evertything else</span>

Question:

1- Does this plan work for you? <span style="font-weight: bold">Yes</span>

2- What do you recommend/prefer for barrel lug? <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm waiting for PTG to send me their .250" thick lugs. They're surface ground twice, once prior to heat treat and once after. They're dead nuts flat and parrellel. This is the recoil lug I'll be switching to.</span> bolt knob? <span style="font-weight: bold">I've bene using either the Tac Ops Knob or making a fixture to accomodate the 5/16 x 24 threaded Knobs. The original knobs are cut off, the cuts are milled flat and drilled for the fixture stud or screw, tig welded on, blended and painted</span>

3- If I can have everything there w/in a couple of weeks whats an estimated turn around time? <span style="font-weight: bold">With you doing the stock work, 2-3 weeks tops, maybe a matter of days. </span>

4- Do you require a deposit? <span style="font-weight: bold">50% up front, balance at completion </span>

5- Accepted methods of payment? <span style="font-weight: bold">Postal MO</span>

6- This should probably wait til after you build my rifle, and its with all due repect, but are you friggen sick dude?LOL. That lil old lady with all the hail damage was just wrong man. I mean wrong! <span style="font-weight: bold">That was my sister dude. We were at bike week for the ralley and she was trolling for guys. Shes such a whore </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only seen one of his rifles at a match and the work was beautiful. </div></div>
his work has made it all the way to the west coast? he built a rifle for me and has done several other projects (bedding, painting, etc.). all work was GTG and the 6.5 he built me shoots beyond good. </div></div>

West and East biotch and places in between. I'll soon to be shipping one to the great state of Pennsylvania and Oregon as well. I hear another is coming from California as I type.

Yea, your 6.5 is a freak. Proven under .250" moa at 420 yards. (actual group size .800"ish)

i can attest to metal work getting turn around in less than 2 weeks, im assuming (wishing) the shipment to PA is mine...check is in the mail

Was that his od green Surgeon?

If it was, he is going to be very happy!

Didn't get to see that one.

I'm sure he will be happy all the same.

Roscoe
My bad, your sis is hot dude. Is she still single? Might hafta marry her if I can get brother-in-law builds.

So........if you dont mind, work me up a number, everything from above and include your lug and the 5/16" threaded bolt knob. I'll shoot you an e-mail so you have my address for a reply.

Just wondering...is your head stock short enough you could thread my LTR barrel for a can without having to break it down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering...is your head stock short enough you could thread my LTR barrel for a can without having to break it down? </div></div>

No

Roscoe,

Im just waiting on my brake. Will hit you up about a FTF maybe by the end of next week. I assume you take cash?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe,

Im just waiting on my brake. Will hit you up about a FTF maybe by the end of next week. I assume you take cash? </div></div>

Cash is fine. Check your email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what hail, and what hot lady??????? </div></div>

I think he means this one. Took me a minute to find it. I feel sick all over again.

o76az5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what has been seen, cannot be unseen... </div></div>

Good thing Im drunk!!! she looks about the same as this to me right now

7-big.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only seen one of his rifles at a match and the work was beautiful. </div></div>
his work has made it all the way to the west coast? he built a rifle for me and has done several other projects (bedding, painting, etc.). all work was GTG and the 6.5 he built me shoots beyond good. </div></div>

That's no lie. I was in the pit while he punched a sub-MOA group at 1000 yards in a gusting full value wind.