• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Love my AICS!

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Finally picked up an AICS for my Remmy, and man I LOVE IT!

Fits me so much better than my old B&C. It is a little heavier, but fugg it, it's worth it.

Only problem is, that even with the cheek piece all the way down, it's still a bit to high. Has anybody planed off the bottom of the bottom of their cheek piece to get it down a little further?

DSC_0287-2.jpg

Re: Love my AICS!

I almost hate to suggest it, but if it's too high you could try taller rings.

Taller rings just might work. The scope looks VERY close to the barrel. Just the next step up would probably fix the problem.

Cut

I thought of that first, but really would like to keep the Hubble as low as possible...

It's only a hair to high... I wouldn't have to take off much. I thought about just skinning it with 1.0 skins... I thought with the 58mm obj that I would surely need the adjustable cheek piece seeing as I had to add an adjustable cheek piece to the last stock it was in.

Bro- Its funny to see the parallel paths our scope purchasing has taken. We are both a far piece away from that Ol' Horus, eh?

Jason, take a grinder or file to the bolts that hold the CP in place but leave enough head so that an allen will will still bite. Then take a piece of coarse sandpaper, lay it on a flat surface, and sand the bottom of the CP itself with the metal removed. I was able to get about 3mm out of mine and it is perfect now.

Handling an AICS in the living room they are not my favorite, but actually shooting it in the field I really like the AICS.

So when you shaved the cheekpiece, you had to shorten the bolt plate up too? Were they bottoming out after you shved down the cheekpiece?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">once again, I have both rifle and scope envy.

Very nice system you have there!
</div></div>

Thanks. I like it a lot. Although, I did get a chance to shoot a Valkyrie yesterday and I'm in complete lust over that BO action!
blush.gif

in the barrel channel on mine, the skins are bubbley..and the fit in a couple other places is a little less than stellar..for an $800 stock, I was a bit dissapointed.

other than that cosmetic flaw, its the most comfortable stock I have ever shot.

I also have the same issue as Jason, with the eye alignment not quite right, thats a great tip NineH.

The skins are a little budget looking, but the core of the stock is way overkill. I can live with cosmetic, it's a very comfortable stock for me.

I ended up shaving off that lip on the skins where the cheek piece sits on. It's perfect now, actually had to pull it back up a smidge.

great looking set up!shouldnt of sold my AICS,now i want one!

Beautiful rifle system JRose. That is my top dream rig. That and MontanaMarine's shorty .308.

My dream rig would be a BO actioned build in a AICS! After shooting the Valkyrie the other day I'm hooked... That action is the shit...

I'd love a rifle just like my current set up with that action in maybe a 7wizzum...
laugh.gif

JRose, sorry I missed you guys Friday. I would have loved to see the Valkyrie. I'm kinda glad I didn't as I'm sure I'd have been hooked too!!!

I'm still jacking around with ammo, it sucks!!!

initially i had the same problem with my aics, i ended up adjusting the cheekpiece all the way to the right. this allowed my head to get lower and also seemed to fit my face/cheek better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alien Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock looks familiar! Did you have to open up the recoil lug area? </div></div>

Yeah, I took a Dremel to it like it raped my sister...

BTW, thanks for the fast shipping.

Jason

I got one too, totally hate it. It sucks to look at but damn it shoots so well! HArdly anything worth shooting is worthwhile if you don't have to modify it just a bit
grin.gif

AI chassis kick butt, but McMillans are so much prettier
under 1/2 MOA, and 10th overall in the snowflake match
Goblin-1.png

In the week I've owned this stock, I've done things to it that would make most here poo their pants....
grin.gif