• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Love my Vic123

Alan Griffith

Sergeant
Minuteman
After much harrassment by my best friend to get an Acculab VIC123, I finally did. WOW!!! I love it. I've had an RCBC 304 (Ohaus) for several decades and trust it implicitly. It's big, easy to adjust to what ever weight I want and, like throwing powder, will weigh very accurately if the same procedure is used everytime. But, when trying to weigh for extreme accuracy it still takes extra time for the beam to go up/down/up/down to find that precise weight necessary to get very low ES/SD. Then, as I'm sure many of you already know, adding or subtracting even a few kernals one has to get the beam tetering again and again until the exact weight is obtained. Well, not with the VIC123. It's sensitive enough to detect 1 to 2 kernals of H4350. I tried to use my old RCBS powder trickler but sometimes when you only a kernal or two, it drops too many and you end up going over. So, I just simply use the old thumb and forefinger method along with a small set of tweezers if I need to drop in or pluck out one singe grain. Easy Peazy, Lemon Squeezy. Using the RCBS 304, it got to where loading up a batch of ammo was getting tedious and I was loosing my love of reloading. Now, hah! Bring it on! I just charged, seated and spun for TIR 50 rounds of 6.5x47 in the time it takes me to charge about 30 cases.

Also, my friend, when he ordered my VIC, had them do something to it that makes it MUCH more resistant to drifting. It seems to be working. The only thing I need to do is keep my dang cell phone away from it. When I'm talking to him I can watch the digital numbers go crazy. So far, the florescent bulb above my bench does not seem to effect the scale. I don't have any special filters on the power source. As I read in the Daily Bulletin over on 6mmbr.com, one "might" need to zero about every 25 rds. Oh, don't get me wrong, my scale drifts; about .4 gr over a 12 hr period but 1) it's better than 4 gr over the same period and 2) in the hour it took me to load up 50 rds, their was "zero" drift. I doubt I'll be loading over a 12 hour period. Before I do start loading I'll check/zero the scale and go to work. Bam! Oh, and it will stay on indefinately.

Alan

Re: Love my Vic123

Don't make me show it!

Boltripper would be all to happy for me to do it!

dscf0068k.jpg

Alan keep your eyes and wallet open, I can dispense the exact charge every 20 seconds, the little usb camera trick is awsome, there more accurite, there faster, no recalibration after set up, if I did'nt have the Prometheus I would have a VIC/MXX-123.

Every 20 seconds?.......Criiiimooney! That's great! But, I need to still buy a can, and a tactical pack, and another custom hunting rifle and have it rebarreled, and have my old R700 rebarreled to 9.3x62 so I can go back to Alaska for my Grizzly hunt, and try and get back to Alaska for my Caribou hunt, and........and............and.......

Alan

J,

The email from my friend said

"precision adjustment to mechanism. Voids warranty - so I had to twist his arm (whom ever he bought the scale from) to do yours. The modification cost is none of your (He's talking to me) business."

Guess I'll never find out. But I love it the way it is.

Alan