• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Love the Bergara BXR

Gunnie88

One shot at a time!
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2021
East TN
Bought the BXR 6 months ago, originally had it topped with the Vortex 3-12x Diamondback Tactical but replaced it with the X3-6-24x. What a tac driver. I have the B14R and love it but thought I would try their 10/22 clone. After 100 rounds, sticky mag issues went away. My son uses the BXR in the NRL22 matches and I’ve used it once and really have nothing but good things to say about the rifle.
2D61FD0A-0420-4603-B818-F627D72B0D1F.jpeg

Glad to see a positive review. I think I will 'pull the trigger' on one of these this summer.
There are a lot of negatives, I’ve had no problem with mine what so ever. A good friend bought one a month after we did and his runs flawless too. It’s become my “go to” rifle!

Man I really want to get one but the negative reviews have put me off. Glad to see a positive one! Trying to talk myself out of getting one

Reactions: Gunnie88
Man I really want to get one but the negative reviews have put me off. Glad to see a positive one! Trying to talk myself out of getting one
I too read a few bad reviews last year but when I held it, those all went away. It can be finicky with some ammo but I’ve found Eley & SK cycle very well. The complaints about the mags not releasing is true but when you take them in and out, they loosen up and drop out like they are suppose too. FTF issues for me came from inferior ammo. This rifle even loves CCI SV. Keep in mind, it’s a beefed up 10/22 so cleaning and regular maintenance is key. I’ve found that after 300 rounds, a good cleaning and light oiling keep it running strong.

I too read a few bad reviews last year but when I held it, those all went away. It can be finicky with some ammo but I’ve found Eley & SK cycle very well. The complaints about the mags not releasing is true but when you take them in and out, they loosen up and drop out like they are suppose too. FTF issues for me came from inferior ammo. This rifle even loves CCI SV. Keep in mind, it’s a beefed up 10/22 so cleaning and regular maintenance is key. I’ve found that after 300 rounds, a good cleaning and light oiling keep it running strong.
I think I might just pull the trigger on one then. At least try to find one locally so I can handle it a bit.

I think I might just pull the trigger on one then. At least try to find one locally so I can handle it a bit.
Cool. I chose the steel version as the carbon fiber weight difference was minimal and I preferred the stock color more. Keep us informed.

How do you like that Riton X3 Conquer scope? I have the same. I haven't used it much but I'm still debating if I like it or not. I do like the floating dot but I find that the reticle is a bit too thick.

How do you like that Riton X3 Conquer scope? I have the same. I haven't used it much but I'm still debating if I like it or not. I do like the floating dot but I find that the reticle is a bit too thick.
Kevin, I absolutely love it! Probably one of my favorites

It’s a sub, sub MOA rifle all day long. I shot at steel targets (size of a pack of cigarettes) from 50 to 150 yards in our back yard.
Thanks for the report. And now to find one for sale so I can compete in the semi-auto class in our monthly rimfire matches. Will be up against Kidds and Clark Customs guns.

OFG

Thanks for the report. And now to find one for sale so I can compete in the semi-auto class in our monthly rimfire matches. Will be up against Kidds and Clark Customs guns.

OFG
You’ll do well. The BXR as you know is a beefed up 10/22 clone. Kidd sells components to take certain aspects to the next level but not necessary. Get one in your hand and behind your shoulder for a few weeks before Match. Fully dismantle it when you get it home, Clean it and lightly oil. Pop the mags in and out multiple times (this will wear off the newness and allow them to drop free when you hit the badger release.) With the bentz chamber, use quality match grade ammo and put 500 rounds down range with barrel/action/mag cleaning after the first 250 rounds. Then, it’s really “shooter against shooter”.

Reactions: oldfatguy
You’ll do well. The BXR as you know is a beefed up 10/22 clone. Kidd sells components to take certain aspects to the next level but not necessary. Get one in your hand and behind your shoulder for a few weeks before Match. Fully dismantle it when you get it home, Clean it and lightly oil. Pop the mags in and out multiple times (this will wear off the newness and allow them to drop free when you hit the badger release.) With the bentz chamber, use quality match grade ammo and put 500 rounds down range with barrel/action/mag cleaning after the first 250 rounds. Then, it’s really “shooter against shooter”.
Looking forward to trying the trigger. Put a Kidd trigger kit in a Charger and it made a world of difference. Hopefully the BXR trigger is better then the stock Ruger10/22 issue.

OFG

Looking forward to trying the trigger. Put a Kidd trigger kit in a Charger and it made a world of difference. Hopefully the BXR trigger is better then the stock Ruger10/22 issue.

OFG
The BXR trigger isn’t bad. It’s crisp but sadly is not adjustable but mine pulls just under 2lbs. For the money, the BXR is a good NRL22 rifle. I choose the steel barrel as the carbon model with less weight wasn’t a concern. The stock is one of the finest factory stocks I’ve shouldered. It’s comfortable, stiff with excellent palm grip. The incorporated 30MOA rail machined in the receiver is a plus, less connection points to your glass. For $600, it’s the top of its class for a 10/22. Hope your able to pick one up and share on SH if you do.

Reactions: oldfatguy