• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Low budget 7mm Remmag

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Well I put together a rig lately after selling of an AR upper. I wanted to keep it pretty low budget for the time being. Normally I'm a savage guy however after looking at the rifle stock options on the savage long actions I decided I'd never get exactly what I wanted with the savage. So I decided to go Remington. So far I have been presently surprised with the results.

We'll see how it does at the competition coming up next weekend.

Remington 700 sps
B&C M40 stock I painted with Kylon
Pacific Tool and Gauge DBM
EGW base

Remmy7remmagStage1_zps0698bba6.jpg

Only got shots off out to 50 yards as of today but so far I'm pretty impressed:

7remmaggrouppic_zps55a8c561.jpg

162g BTHP
69.5g H1000
CCI Mag primers
Winchestor brass
3.400" OAL
Estimated 2950fps out of 26" tube

Re: Low budget 7mm Remmag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gitcha some 162 Amax's and you'll have a rocking good time all the way out to 1500+ yds. Love the .284bore. </div></div>

I have found the 162 BTHP transitions much better than the Amax in my 7mm-08. And I have alot of them since I run them in the other caliber. But I do want to try the 168s before I re-barrel.

Good luck,
Merritt

Nice! I'm was putting a budget 300WM together, but the Manners stock blew the "budget" out of the "budget build". Good luck in your match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gitcha some 162 Amax's and you'll have a rocking good time all the way out to 1500+ yds. Love the .284bore. </div></div>

I have found the 162 BTHP transitions much better than the Amax in my 7mm-08. And I have alot of them since I run them in the other caliber. But I do want to try the 168s before I re-barrel.

Good luck,
Merritt </div></div>
The 162 Amax is far superior (.534 vs .625) you should give it another look. I tried the 175, 180smk's as well, and the Amax bested them even at 1600. Not to mention the price difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gitcha some 162 Amax's and you'll have a rocking good time all the way out to 1500+ yds. Love the .284bore. </div></div>

Good luck,
Merritt </div></div>
The 162 Amax is far superior (.534 vs .625) you should give it another look. I tried the 175, 180smk's as well, and the Amax bested them even at 1600. Not to mention the price difference. </div></div>

From my calcs I get a .610bc verified drop chart with the 162. I don't know where you're getting the .534

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gitcha some 162 Amax's and you'll have a rocking good time all the way out to 1500+ yds. Love the .284bore. </div></div>

Good luck,
Merritt </div></div>
The 162 Amax is far superior (.534 vs .625) you should give it another look. I tried the 175, 180smk's as well, and the Amax bested them even at 1600. Not to mention the price difference. </div></div>

From my calcs I get a .610bc verified drop chart with the 162. I don't know where you're getting the .534 </div></div>
Hmmmm, I was just going of my Ballistic computers, of course who knows how accurate those are sometimes. But it said the 162 BTHP has a .534 and the Amax a .625. Maybe I'm full of shit
crazy.gif