• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Low Budget build (pics included)

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Started with a Stevens 200 xp in 308. Even in stock for it shot 1 MOA at 100 with cheap Am Eagle Ammo. Now that the new stock and scope is installed I'm going to be moving to match grade ammo. I will keep you informed of how it shoots with the new stock.

Before pics (Krylon paint, home made cheek pad, cheap ammo sleeve, Stock Bushnell 3-9x40):

stevens200phase12.jpg

By mwroseberry, shot with FinePix F480 at 2010-01-17

After Pics (B&C Tactical Medalist, EGW 20MOA base, Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50, Eagle Stock pad):

bcandvortex.jpg

By mwroseberry at 2010-02-11

Totals:
Stevens 200 xp: $395.00 (including shipping and FFL)
B&C Tactical: $243.00 (Price to my door)
EGW Base: $45.00 (Delivered)
Vortex (used) $98.00 (Delivered)
Eagle pad (used) $40.00
Orig. Stock -$45.00

Total: $776.00

WTB: Shillen Barrel and my stick will be complete for now.

I couldn't be happier so far and I can't wait to get it out with match grade and hand load ammo and see what she can do.

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

Re: Low Budget build (pics included)

I have a Stevens too, great economical shooter. I'm gonna rebarrel mine in .260 and put it in one of those new Choate A5 clones.

Re: Low Budget build (pics included)

Shot 3/4MOA yesterday. Ordered a 16x SS yesterday as well. I love the vortex I just want a fixed power scope. Once I finalize my hand load work up I'll post pics.

Thanks,
Merritt