• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Low Light Rifle Scope Dilemma - Which do I keep?

jmgak47

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2020
I ordered a Zeiss Victory HT 2.5-10x50 scope off eBay. It was a demo unit but mint. FedEx lost it and I got a full refund.

So since I couldn't find another Zeiss Victory HT, I ordered a Schmidt Bender Polar T96 2.5-10x50 with the BDC Turret.

Well today the Zeiss randomly shows up at my door. So now I have both, unopened.

I don't want to open either so it can be returned. Which do I keep???

I want it for the best low light performance.

Thank you for your input,

Jay

Even a cheap(ish) Leupold vx-1 will get you past legal light. Open one. Send one back. Don’t think too hard about it.

But, you already got a full refund on one of them, right?...

keep both you already got suckered in and bought 2 2x10 scopes unless you want a third then good luck :unsure:👾🎃
:giggle:

Really leaning to the Schmidt Bender because it is new and it's BDC turret. Am not familiar with them, and haven't used one. Just purchased based off research, wasn't my first choice. The more I read, the more I'm shocked I hadn't heard of them.

Have used Zeiss and have always enjoyed their quality. And so many threads say that the Victory HT can't really be beat in low light other then the Hensoldt 72mm.

Was hoping someone had some first hand experience.

But all my research says you can't go wrong with either and any difference you see will be splitting hairs. Flip a coin? Lol

My OCD often times gets the best of me.

I was trying hard to find a Zeiss victory ht last year but couldn’t, went with the s&b polar and it has been great. If you decide to sell the Zeiss let me know I may be interested.

The correct answer is to buy another rifle so you have a backup/loaner/home for both scopes.

You’re welcome.

I was trying hard to find a Zeiss victory ht last year but couldn’t, went with the s&b polar and it has been great. If you decide to sell the Zeiss let me know I may be interested.

Yes sir. 👍

Solid in depth review, thank you 👍

The correct answer is to buy another rifle so you have a backup/loaner/home for both scopes.

You’re welcome.

I have already bought to many toys recently, my wife would hurt me lol