• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Low Profile Bubble Level

brucega7x

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2022
Louisiana
I did a search, but I didn't see anything right off unless I overlooked it.
I was curious to see if someone made a low profile bubble level that doesn't protrude off to the left or right like the traditional tube mounted levels? This looks interesting but, well, it's made overseas and I don't want that. https://www.u-buy.jp/en/product/LLK...le-picatinny-bubble-level-anti-cant-indicator

I see Knights Armament makes (or used to make) one but they're not in stock anywhere: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023055823

Is there a reason there doesn't seem to be much to find like this? Maybe it's a bad idea for some reason and the tube mounted levels are just better?

Maybe it's a bad idea for some reason and the tube mounted levels are just better?

Bingo-Memes-You-Nailed-it.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Defensive edge makes a nice one. Also marketed by Nightforce.
Some dislike the fact you have to lift your head up to see it, as opposed to one that protrudes off the side so your non dominant eye can see it.
Options though.

769602C8-DF7F-4F0F-9513-2DC63316393F.jpeg

Defensive edge makes a nice one. Also marketed by Nightforce.
Some dislike the fact you have to lift your head up to see it, as opposed to one that protrudes off the side so your non dominant eye can see it.
Options though.

View attachment 7944771
I like that. Too bad you have to use a dedicated set of rings for it though.

I'd recommend a scope tub mounted one off the side.

Something like this.
Screenshot_20220829-230503_Chrome.jpg

It's much easier to be on the gun, and just look with your eye and see the level.

Maybe it's a bad idea for some reason and the tube mounted levels are just better?

Tube mounted levels are better.

1) They can be trued up with the crosshairs in the scope itself, NOT with the rifle. You want the level aligned with the crosshairs. Note, you should already have your scope leveled with the rifle when you mount it.

2) If you remove the scope from one rifle and put it on another, the scope is already level.

FWIW, I use the Vortex levels. They are cheaper but still a good quality level that's easier to mount.

Because of my eyesight, I like to mount them as far from the eye as much as possible. Some folks like them up close but because I don't wear reading glasses when I shoot, the level needs to be as far from my eye as possible.

If you are a right handed shooter, it goes without saying that the level should be mounted on the left side of the scope.

Tube mounted levels are better.

1) They can be trued up with the crosshairs in the scope itself, NOT with the rifle. You want the level aligned with the crosshairs. Note, you should already have your scope leveled with the rifle when you mount it.

2) If you remove the scope from one rifle and put it on another, the scope is already level.

FWIW, I use the Vortex levels. They are cheaper but still a good quality level that's easier to mount.

Because of my eyesight, I like to mount them as far from the eye as much as possible. Some folks like them up close but because I don't wear reading glasses when I shoot, the level needs to be as far from my eye as possible.

If you are a right handed shooter, it goes without saying that the level should be mounted on the left side of the scope.

I just installed this scope and level today. It’s the fastest and requires the least head movement to align. Just use your weak eye to verify level.

Attachments

• 5E564EA4-FAE8-476B-B72E-81A76EF1E6DF.jpeg
    5E564EA4-FAE8-476B-B72E-81A76EF1E6DF.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 53