• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Low Profile Muzzle Brake

exedotbat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Montville, NJ
I am looking for a some recommendations on a low profile muzzle brake that can be pinned, but allow for the gas block to be removed.

I have found a couple, but very little feedback on them.

YHM-25-A

Faxon Slim 3 Port

Apex Enhanced Stabilization Attachment

Apex had decent reviews on Brownells except for this one;
"I will start by saying that I respect designs from Apex Tactical so much, I buy their products almost blindly, knowing they are quality made and great improvements. Every M&P I have carries their trigger kits, sears, etc. Just great products. I was disappointed with this muzzle device, however. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't get the rifle to zero (AR15, 18" SASS barrel)...rounds were walking horizontally all over the target no matter what I adjusted; almost 12 inches at 50 yards.. Eventually I realized the bullets were hitting the last baffle of the device on the side, causing the trajectory to change with each shot. Eventually I took the device off and shot the rifle with it on threaded, grouped perfectly within 6 shots. Afterwards I inspected the apex part in the copper on the interior of the baffles where the bullet has scraped by."

Why not just get a 2 piece gas block?
My upper has a fsb which I plan on running, I would just like the ability to remove it if I decide to change things down the road. Unfortunately in NJ the barrel needs to be pinned regardless of size.

I actually received two beast brakes today from muzzle brakes and more. I am going to have them turned down and timed to my barrels. But both of mine will be on .920” muzzles. I already have of his on bolt guns and I really like them.