• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Low Profile Picatinny Base

phlii

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2007
Portland, Oregon aka Hippyville!
I am looking for a low profile scope base for an Rem M700. I know the Seekins measures .44" in the rear and roughly the same in front. The new EGW HD measures roughly .35" in the rear. Does anybody have any dimensions for other bases?

Re: Low Profile Picatinny Base

Contact Cameron Murphy of Murphy Precision - he'll make you anything you want. His machine work & customer service is flawless!!

I've made them as low as .25" tall at the front, but at this height the front two screw heads stick up and make the slots they intersect unusable. Off the top of my head, I think it's the 3rd and 5th slot from the front. To get around this, I try to steer my customers towards an extended base for the short actions, that way they have a few more options for ring placement, even with the blocked slots.

- Cameron

I may have to do the same, so many of the bases seem to be unnecessarily tall, almost to the point of not being able to find rings low enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rolex24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have to do the same, so many of the bases seem to be unnecessarily tall, almost to the point of not being able to find rings low enough. </div></div>

Consider a 0MOA base rather than the common 20MOA base. This will allow the base to sit lower and is probably the best choice for distances less than 500 yards.