• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lower Cost One Piece Mount

Doug308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
I like one piece mounts for my Bolt Actions, the last one I bought was a Warne, who else is making these ? I'm not talking about forward AR15 mounts.

I think Warne is your best bet for the money. If you want to save weight, look at the Aero Ultralight. It would help to know the caliber btw.

At risk of gettin flamed for this - UTG Accusync.

(I'm ready for my beating.)

I think Warne is your best bet for the money. If you want to save weight, look at the Aero Ultralight. It would help to know the caliber btw.
I have seen multiple reports of the aero ultralights breaking. A year or two ago, i almost bought one but read a few reviews where they actually broke.

I have seen multiple reports of the aero ultralights breaking. A year or two ago, i almost bought one but read a few reviews where they actually broke.
That's the reason I was asking about the caliber. I would have no issue using the Ultralight with .556. I'm not sure even the Warne would be a good choice above 300 RUM.

That's the reason I was asking about the caliber. I would have no issue using the Ultralight with .556. I'm not sure even the Warne would be a good choice above 300 RUM.
That is definitely fair. I don’t remember enough from the article to say how or why it broke. I just remember after I read it I passed on the aero ultralight

Warne used to be my go to for cheap 1 piece, but I ended up with a couple problem child mounts from them, and to their credit they were great to work with and the replacements were perfect. That said I now consider Seekins MXM the "low" cost go to mount, though I've picked up used NF, Badger, JP Unimounts for about the same price and they've all been great.

I just got done switching all my vortex mounts for ADM Recon Mounts. I don't really need the tactical levers as I rarely take a scope off after I mount it, but they seem well built and well regarded around here.

As far as value, a Spuhr is really the cheapest since you could use it for a year and then sell it in the PX for $20 less than you paid. If you buy any other 1-piece mount plan on keeping it for the long haul.

The MPA's, Hawkins Precision and ARC's are all nice and more affordable than the Spuhr's, but they still ain't cheap.