• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lowest 1" rings?

danieljay

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Western Wisconsin
I have a Magnum Research MLR-1722 10/22 clone that I like, but I'm having trouble finding scope rings for it. The rifle has a 1/2" integral scope base and I can't get low enough to get a consistent cheek weld. I'd like to avoid putting an adjustable cheekpiece on, I like the look of my stock (I will go function before fashion if necessary, but would rather keep the asthetic).

I'm putting a 1" tube, 42mm objective scope (outside diameter of objective is 54mm) in some Leupold PRW medium rings that I already had. Looking around online, the lowest 1" rings I can find are .75" to center (Leupold, Seekins), compared to .88" for my current rings. I'd really like to get at least a 1/4" off my height, but can't figure out how. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Lowest 1" rings?

The Burris 1" low Zee ring is .135 from the base to the bottom of the scope tube. That would yield .635 to the centerline of the scope. These are the lowest that I'm aware of.

hangunnr