• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lowest 30mm Rings ?

jotrot

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2011
Rathdrum, Idaho
Im hoping someone knows this off the top of their head, Who makes the lowest 30mm rings ? I have the bases figured out just not the rings, Its for a hunting rifle with a not so great cheek weld.

Thanks

Give a look at Seekins Precision, they make a set that's 0.82". I don't think you'll find a scope that will even fit on a rifle with rings lower than that, unless you're using like a 42mm objective. But I think the magnification ring will hit the rail first.

I have a set of Seekins 0.76" 1" rings on a hunting rifle with a Kahles 3.5-10x50 and it damn-near touches the rail on the front and the back. Like, you can barely fit maybe a couple sheets of paper between them... Honestly, it's too close, but they're still not touching. Enough of a direct bump, and it definitely would.

Last edited:
. 750's work with every scope I've tried on multiple recievers.. with objective diameter in the 42-44mm range.

Make sure the turret housing won't hit the rail as well...

The Ken Farrell rings I linked I used on my dad's winchester 70 with a Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x44. It has a 20 moa rail also...

Screenshot_20211218-202147_Gallery.jpg

You can see here he even has enough room to fit scope caps.

However, if you are going to run such low rings, make sure your erector housing fits. Some have rather large erector housings and in such low rings, they would definitely bottom out on the scope base.