• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lowest 40 mm rings for a Swarovski ds?

Odindad

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Kissimmee, Florida
I am getting a Swarovski ds scope and am planning on installing it on a pre 64 Winchester Model 70. I am looking for the lowest height rings in 40 mm diameter. Everything I find seems rather high. I have looked at Talley’s, ARC, Tier 1, and Contessa. Is there anything else out there? Everything is well over 1” high over the rail. I know this diameter ring is not that common. Not wanting to put 2” of spacers under a stock pack. Thanks

The ARC Mediums at 1.10" high are probably going to be your best bet, you should be fine with a stock pack with a little strip of velcro to help lift it up slightly. I use Triad Tactical stock packs and they come with velcro spacers.

I am very impressed. I currently have it on a 16” 30-06 and have shot out to 500 yards so far. I previously used one at a Swarovski training class out to 700. If I missed it was because of a bad wind call.

I am very impressed. I currently have it on a 16” 30-06 and have shot out to 500 yards so far. I previously used one at a Swarovski training class out to 700. If I missed it was because of a bad wind call.
That's something that plagues us all - bad wind calls. A 16" 30-06, that has got to be an interesting rifle! I can see Ds technology or something similar making its way to a lot more scopes in the near future.