• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lowest Precision Scope Rings

Rerun7

Furious George
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    I’m mounting a 44mm objective scope and have some vortex precision low rings (.87) but it still sits higher than I want off the barrel.

What are some other good rings that go lower than that? I saw the Seekins low go to .82 but that’s not a lot of difference from where I’m at.

The scope is still 1/2 inch off the barrel at the .87 height.

Last edited:
    Ken Farrel and APA are going to be as low as you can find...

20180831_121326.jpg

ETA:

I'm assuming you are asking for 30mm main tube.
    The above pic shows my KenFarrel rings on a Bushnell LRHS which also has 44mm objective...

And yes, I do realize in the pic, the top half rings got mixed up. The fronts and rears are not matching but that is an old pic and I did not torque down on it that way.

Reactions: Rerun7
    APA's at .750" are the lowest I believe.

Ken Farrell low rings are at .735 of an inch. I just checked, that's what I had on one of my rifles before. Now I gave my dad the Bushnell LRHS along with those rings since he doesn't have adjustable cheek piece. They're low but will clear the erector housing.

Why so low? Is that just where your head is most comfortable, or what?

Just my OCD. It would work fine where it is and I have an adjustable cheek piece. Every time I look at it I think “that’s too high” and I’ve learned to just fix things the way you like them vs tolerate it all the time.

I have some Talley Rings on a Tikka that go straight on no bases needed and I am sure they do low rings plus they come with screws. You try try optics warehouse.

i'd rather have a rifle that's comfortable and repeatable than go with 'looks'

or run a bigger barrel

we have adjustable cheekpieces for a reason

you're telling me a slammed scope is more comfortable than one at a normal height? fuck me and my face shape then lol

Thanks for the sage advice.

My cheek piece is raised near the top with the low rings. I had to get one with a cutout just so my bolt didn’t hit it. It will be comfortable for me at the lower height too.

Guess I need to put on weight?!? Lol

Thanks for the sage advice.

My cheek piece is raised near the top with the low rings. I had to get one with a cutout just so my bolt didn’t hit it. It will be comfortable for me at the lower height too.

Guess I need to put on weight?!? Lol
    Just picturing the cant your head. Everyone is different blah blah

Put on weight. Lol. Good try.

Thanks Ace. I never could figure out why I had to lay my head sideways on the stock but now it all makes sense!

I am confused about one thing though. What is “cant”??

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=merriam-webster+cant

not trying to pick a fight btw. just expressing a thought that there can be a 'too low'

but if it works for you more power to you. i cant run much lower than a 1.125 without serious neck issues due to bone structure but again not all people are like that. my rifle about anyone can get behind and shoot fine but i have 2 friends that i can't even get close to seeing through the scope unless my cheek is on the buttpad

I know what cant is. My point is that without seeing someone’s rifle, setup and posture you can’t determine if my fundamental setup is correct or not.

Saying that just because you need it that way everyone does is an ignorant assumption and about as accepted as that guy at the gun store that butts in and tells you all the rifles are built in the same factory and you’re just paying for the name.

you made a post (with several follow ups) that was entirely about how the scope looks on the rifle, so yeah expect someone to be like uh this isn't 1980 we have adjustable cheekpieces for a reason. don't get butthurt about it

LOL - I really don’t care what you think and I’m in no way butthurt about it. You’re just throwing my thread off topic and providing no helpful information for my question other than showing your ignorance.

Run along now little buddy and let the big boys talk....

• Haha
    Reactions: b6graham
    If I have a set of scope rings that are 1”, does that mean that the center of the scope is 1” from the center of the barrel?

If I have a set of scope rings that are 1”, does that mean that the center of the scope is 1” from the center of the barrel?

The scope ring height is measured from the center of the scope to the scope base not the barrel. The height of the base to the barrel is in addition to the ring height.

Reactions: Josh1978
    LOL - I really don’t care what you think and I’m in no way butthurt about it. You’re just throwing my thread off topic and providing no helpful information for my question other than showing your ignorance.

Run along now little buddy and let the big boys talk....
    thank god for the ignore option