• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowest price ar-10 lower

steeltex

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2009
ND
Hey guys, just wondering , who would have the lowest price on "complete" ar-10 lowers. So far I found one for $420 over at 7.62 sass.com. Armalite is having a sale on the ar-10 a4 uppers for $700 even. Add that up and thats $1120 plus shipping for a complete rifle. Is that a good price?. Or is there a place that is selling complete rifles for less. Thanks.

Re: Lowest price ar-10 lower

Someone here has a POF 308 lower for sale I think for $450. I can tell you that the integrated enhanced trigger guard and the ambi-bolt release are worth it. I have an AR10/LR308 built off of this lower and chose the lower receiver after a fair bit of research.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steeltex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, just wondering , who would have the lowest price on "complete" ar-10 lowers. So far I found one for $420 over at 7.62 sass.com. Armalite is having a sale on the ar-10 a4 uppers for $700 even. Add that up and thats $1120 plus shipping for a complete rifle. Is that a good price?. Or is there a place that is selling complete rifles for less. Thanks. </div></div>

I would say that price is "fair" but it isn't a steal by any means. The upper isn't too badly priced, but you should be able to get a stripped Armalite, Aero Precision or Eagle Arms lower for around $200 or so, an AR-10 LPK for $90 and a complete A2 buttstock kit for $75. That means if you DIY, you can save around $50 or so. Don't forget that you'll need mags (unless you have some already) which will run you around $30/mag if you get a 5-pack from Armalite or they'll run you around $40/mag individually.

You can get complete Armalite AR-10A4 rifles (factory fresh) with a lifetime warranty for around the $1220 mark off GunBroker. So for an addt'l $80-$100 or so over the "sale" price from 762SASS, you are getting a complete factory fresh rifle, with 1x 10rnd and 1x 20rnd mag, guaranteed to function 100% or Armalite makes it right.

Jer, steeltex is referring to AR10's or Armalites. POF is totally different. They don't use the same mags or uppers and if choosing to build using that pattern, (DPMS) I'm sure you can build one for less than an Armalite.

I agree with ORD. Fair price but not a steal. I guess it depends on what configuration you're after. I am eyeing out the SS carbine upper or the 10T with flash hider on their sale, though. Two configurations I rarely see and good prices.

I've seen eagle arms lowers for 250$ on occasion. Aeroprecision is another one, I think they are 300$. That, a 20" Armalite upper and a free float quad rail of some sort would be a nice setup for not a lot of money in comparison with the competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am eyeing out the SS carbine upper or the 10T with flash hider on their sale, though. Two configurations I rarely see and good prices. </div></div>

FWIW...I talked to Armalite's Tech dep't the other day about their "specials" for Labor Day and the SS barrels they are using on the A4 Carbine limited run are EXACTLY THE SAME match barrels used on the AR-10TC. So, if you are planning to upgrade to a different FF tube at some point, save yourself $150-200 and get the A4 Carbine SST and buy a $4 extended ejection port door rod for future use with a FF handguard.

Thanks, ORD. That pretty much was my plan. SS carbine and add an SWS rail or something and an SJC comp. Or the 20" T with the threaded barrel. Don't really need either but man, these sales, LOL.

Steeltex, if you're still looking for a piece together rifle, I found this complete lower. A little less than what you were looking at originally. Just thought I'd throw that out there. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=120&t=798923

thanks for saying something about 7.62sass.com i just scored a pair of mags from them on sale
smile.gif