• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowest rings for 42mm obj S&B over R700 Varmint

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
I've had my 4-16x42 S&B mounted in the Badger rings that came with the scope (bought it used here). They seem a bit high but I used what was immediately available. I'm now looking to mount the scope a little lower for a better cheek weld. What are the lowest 34mm rings that will accommodate a S&B with 42mm objective over a Remington Varmint contour barrel? The mount is a Badger 20 MOA if that matters.

Seekins looks like the lowest, followed by TPS. Any others? Any problem with the objective clearing the barrel if mounted in those rings?

Re: Lowest rings for 42mm obj S&B over R700 Varmint

APA rings are .856 which is about 1/16" lower than Seekins. You also might be able to get ARC to make you some M10's that are lower.

As a data point, recently sourced Seekins Precision 0.87" (Medium) Rings w/ 20MOA Base for my buddy's R700 .243 Varmint rifle and SWFA 5-20 50mm FFP (30mm) 0.1mRad Scope. GTG. Their "Low" was too low.

Recommend you contact Seekins for a consult. Their customer service is outstanding.

should be able to follow this sticky thread and measure out what you need to know. just use that info to go to some site like swfa and look at each set of rings and compare all the different rings from each manufacturer. you should be able to take your measurements and determine the lowest rings you can use.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1433025#Post1433025