• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LPVO 300blk

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I want to get a LPVO for my Sig MCX in 300blk. It’s a 9” barrel with a suppressor. My usage for this will be some carbine competition, plinking, and close range hunting.

I want something reliable enough to withstand the weather in PNW mountains, but it doesn’t need to be “battle proof”.

My budget is around $600. Gotta keep money aside for NV.

I can get a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x for just over $600. So if anyone has input on that optic, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I'd try Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24.

Hawke Frontier 1-6x24 is another very underrated option.

That having been said, for primarily close range use, I can't help but wonder if a red dot or holographic scopes with a magnifier might do the trick. I have been messing with Vortex UH-1 and it has been very fast on target and dead nuts reliable so far. At the moment I have a 3.5x magnifier behind in a flip mount and it really works well.

ILya

Reactions: freedom71
I'd try Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24.

Hawke Frontier 1-6x24 is another very underrated option.

That having been said, for primarily close range use, I can't help but wonder if a red dot or holographic scopes with a magnifier might do the trick. I have been messing with Vortex UH-1 and it has been very fast on target and dead nuts reliable so far. At the moment I have a 3.5x magnifier behind in a flip mount and it really works well.

ILya

I've thought about this too. I have a trijicon MRO that I could just get a magnifier for. My only concern is the dot smearing under the magnifier and messing with my POI. You probably don't have that issue using a holographic sight.

I've thought about this too. I have a trijicon MRO that I could just get a magnifier for. My only concern is the dot smearing under the magnifier and messing with my POI. You probably don't have that issue using a holographic sight.

When using a magnifier, I really prefer holographic sights to traditional red dots. To be honest, given the advances in battery consumption of red dot sights, use with a magnifier is one of the very few reasons to get a holo over a refelx sight.

Even with my, comparatively mild, astigmatism, if a magnifier is not in the equation, I am more likely to jsut throw Shield RMS onto a carbine and not worry about battery life.

ILya

Love my Leupold Patrol VX-R 1.25-4 on my similar setup 300 blk. Works great and can dial for 200y deer shots.

The leupold 1.5-5x from europtic is the hands down the best. Illuminated with a BDC reticle with hashes on one side for supersonic and the other for subsonic. Its FFP and great for bracketing targets at unknown distances. Its awesome.

I run a 1-4x24 gen 1 pst on my sbr 300blk and love it.. i have taken it out to 450 yards regularly and although you can’t even hear the bullet hit the steel you can make out a little bullet splash.. this is with my mild loaded 110gr vmax loads though.

I want to get a LPVO for my Sig MCX in 300blk. It’s a 9” barrel with a suppressor. My usage for this will be some carbine competition, plinking, and close range hunting.

I want something reliable enough to withstand the weather in PNW mountains, but it doesn’t need to be “battle proof”.

My budget is around $600. Gotta keep money aside for NV.

I can get a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x for just over $600. So if anyone has input on that optic, I’d greatly appreciate it.
I have an old Trijicon TR24 on an 11" PWS upper. Shooting mostly subsonic, it took me +/- 20 rounds to learn where to place the triangle from 50yds to 100yds. I'm more than happy with the setup.

I have the Leupold 1.5-4 with the 300 bo reticle and love it. I wish I had another one. It has bdc for subs and supers and has been really close with several loads I e rested.