• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO and parallax

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
With many of the new LPVO having an 8x or even 10x max magnification wouldn’t it be beneficial to have a parallax adjustment? 8 or 10x is enough to get you out to 600 yards or more. And with many of the nicer ARs capable of shooting 1 MOA it seems like a lack of parallax adjustment is the weak link. I haven’t had a chance to shoot one but it seems strange. Am I missing something?

Depending on the focus distance of the optic, parallax error may not be that bad out to 600. Proper shooting fundamentals help to minimize the error, as well. Though there are more accurate rifles out there, most of those who choose an LPVO are putting it on a gun that may not be better than 1.5-2MOA.

Parallax error seems to be a lower priority for these situations.

For what I've seen, most shooters with a 1MOA gun are going to choose a scope in the DMR category instead, or just live with the possibility of parallax error at distance.

There’s a reason that scope companies won’t put parallax adjustments on scope 10x and under. Parallax is just less of a issue at 10x and below.

Yup not much of an issue with the LPVO scopes. Also you already having "operators" screaming that some LPVO weigh too much so putting in more parts adds weight as well as cost. Not really needed.

if you need close up w/o parallax, the march-f 1-10x has parallax adjustment down to 10 yards.

Reactions: stefan73
"Operators" don't have time to adjust parallax for those close "threats" coming at you! LOL

Seriously though here is a pic of the PST Gen II on 1x at about 10 feet across my room. I don't take good through the scope pics but gives an idea that the adjustment really isn't needed close in even at 10 feet.

IMG_3271.JPG