• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO Decision

Greymount

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2021
Northern Ohio
I am currently attempting to make a decision between the Nightforce NX8 1-8 FC-DMX and the Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 with the Griffin reticle to go on a CZ Bren 2 with a 14.5 Inch barrel. My goal is to purchase an LPVO the would keep the gun as light as possible seeing its a fairly small gun. I have experience with the Nightforce FC-DMX reticle because I currently have an ATACR 1-8 on my 308 AR-10. I like the reticle very much. I also get the LE discount from Nightforce which is a substantial discount. Has anybody have experience with both these optics. My concern with the Nightforce is the the short eye box and glass clarity issues that I have seen on some post.

The NF NX8 eyebox isnt bad at all.

Fairly easy to run as a red dot and hammer carbine drills, then drop and up the mag and hit 66% ipsc at 600.

And Im a major dork with low skill level.

Some people just don't know how to mount a gun…..

If you like the atacr, you can probably live with the NX8. Most opinions on these optics fail to establish context and perspective.
I agreee.
I'd vote nightforce to keep the same reticule on both rifles. That primary arms is fantastic too.
I also agree.
The NF NX8 eyebox isnt bad at all.

Fairly easy to run as a red dot and hammer carbine drills, then drop and up the mag and hit 66% ipsc at 600.

And Im a major dork with low skill level.

Some people just don't know how to mount a gun…..
I especially agree with this. I have a NX8 D-mx in Dark Earth and also had an NX8 with FC-Mil reticle. Super bright dot, glass is very nice, and if you mount the optic right and then mount the gun right (oh, and shoot the gun now and then...) you'll love it.
IMG_2363.jpg