• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lpvo Help? Input needed please.

Jonathan1849

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
Alabama
Trying to find a scope, will be swapped between 223 and 308 platforms. Would like to have tree style reticle (prefrence). So far the scopes ive looked up are;
Athlon 2-12 AHMR2 MIL
Athlon ares 1-10 atmr3
Burris RT15 3-15x50
Burris xtr iii 3.3-18x50 scr2 mil
Atibal 1-12
Atibal 1-10.
(Reason I like the Atibal is that it has a reticle specifically for the 1st power and then when you zoom in you have the available drop.)
Needless to say, you can see how confused I am, I atleast know I want lower than a 4x.
Ive used 1-8s on bolt actions and AR platforms, worst come to worst I put a reddot on to cover the 1x an 2x if applicable. Any experiences yall have and *valuable* input on the above make and models would be appreciated. Main scopes I have ATM is Arken and Gen 3 Vortex tremor 3 retic.

Eotech 1-10. Very impressive for the money.
Happy to answer any specific questions. Not by any means an expert like some here, but do have a few other quality LPVO’s I’ve compared it too.

L has stopped being L.
Well sence most scopes are 4x or 5x- 18/20/25 im looking for a multi use scope. As muchbas I would like an actual 1x with no magnification, if I have to go 2 or 3x and just toss a red dot on top, so be it. If 12x was my max magnification Id probably just look into the atibal 1-12. But sence they dont have a following, im unsure if their price point covers quality or just the fact its a cool idea

Stay the fuck away from Athlon at all costs. Their product and their CS have both been horrible. I returned 2 Ares ETR 1-10 scopes for a mfg glass defect.

They promptly sent me 2 replacements that had worse glass defects after admitting to me they knew they had systemic issues in that product line.

I got in touch with both the CS manager and the company CEO and they looked through all their scopes on hand and they have only managed to find one to send me that didn't have a glass defect. I mounted it the other day and went to zero it and found that the reticle wasn't etched properly. The center dot was not round but was more amoeba shaped. The elevation turret marks were machined off center so they do not line up with the indicator line on the scope but are halfway in between.

All in all I would buy literally a NC Star before Athlon as the NC Star will have the same shitty quality but cost me 1/10th as much.

Stay the fuck away from Athlon at all costs. Their product and their CS have both been horrible. I returned 2 Ares ETR 1-10 scopes for a mfg glass defect.

They promptly sent me 2 replacements that had worse glass defects after admitting to me they knew they had systemic issues in that product line.

I got in touch with both the CS manager and the company CEO and they looked through all their scopes on hand and they have only managed to find one to send me that didn't have a glass defect. I mounted it the other day and went to zero it and found that the reticle wasn't etched properly. The center dot was not round but was more amoeba shaped. The elevation turret marks were machined off center so they do not line up with the indicator line on the scope but are halfway in between.

All in all I would buy literally a NC Star before Athlon as the NC Star will have the same shitty quality but cost me 1/10th as much.
Ok, good to know, I have had yet to hear bad stuff about them till now, and thats while looking everywhere at the scope options. Heck I even came across Steiner 2.9-20x56 but that sucker is 4k+

Reactions: Bakwa
Ok, good to know, I have had yet to hear bad stuff about them till now, and thats while looking everywhere at the scope options. Heck I even came across Steiner 2.9-20x56 but that sucker is 4k+

I can probably swing you a heck of a deal on the M7Xi.
PM me if interested.

I haven't had any trouble with my Ares at all and always heard good stuff about their CS. They all experience issues from time to time like anything else manufacturerd. How it's dealt with is the question. Not good to hear of issues with that.

Reactions: Jonathan1849
Primary arms PLX Compact 1-8x24, Eotech 1-10x28, Razor 1-10x24(if you can find it in a comparable price). Having looked through the razor 1-10 and the New PLX Compact 1-8 multiple times(not the Eotech) for the price difference and my personal preference Plx C all day. But reticle preference will be huge for that decision as well as if you want a nuclear bright dot(Razor only of these 3). But the glass, flatness of the image and overall experience and of course weight go to the PLX. It's surprisingly impressive. And build quality is going to be equal on these three coming out of Light optical works in Japan.

If you need something right at $1k and don't mind SFP check out the tract toric 1-8x24. If you want something in the 1-6 range and needs to be under $1k it's the SFP delta Stryker 1-6x24. Both of these are coming out of light optical works Japan too

Don't spend money on Chinese made stuff(swamp fox). I did that and just lost money as I grew in understanding and experienced quality glass. It cost me more. Highly recommend just get something well reviewed out of the Philippines minimally but there are good Japanese made scopes for not that much more. You won't regret buying and crying once in this arena.Buy something you won't put grow. My opinion/experience. Check the used market before buying new china and I'm not saying this as a purist, there really is a big difference in quality in about every arena. Good luck.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Swampfox? Someone pointed me to the 2-12 just as a temp scope
I’ve been running the 1-10 SFP arrowhead on an MDRX for 2gun ACM competition for a little bit, and while on the heavier side I have nothing to complain about and they’re built to take a lot of abuse and keep on ticking.

when I eventually upgrade to an FFP it’ll probably be the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10, unless Primary Arms drops something particularly interesting.

Trying to find a scope, will be swapped between 223 and 308 platforms. Would like to have tree style reticle (prefrence). So far the scopes ive looked up are;
Athlon 2-12 AHMR2 MIL
Athlon ares 1-10 atmr3
Burris RT15 3-15x50
Burris xtr iii 3.3-18x50 scr2 mil
Atibal 1-12
Atibal 1-10.
(Reason I like the Atibal is that it has a reticle specifically for the 1st power and then when you zoom in you have the available drop.)
Needless to say, you can see how confused I am, I atleast know I want lower than a 4x.
Ive used 1-8s on bolt actions and AR platforms, worst come to worst I put a reddot on to cover the 1x an 2x if applicable. Any experiences yall have and *valuable* input on the above make and models would be appreciated. Main scopes I have ATM is Arken and Gen 3 Vortex tremor 3 retic.
Credo 2-10 might fit your needs.

Reactions: PistoleroJesse
Maybe this might work for you?

Reactions: FWoo45
You need to give us way more details.

What type of shooting are you doing? Maximum range? Range you will be shooting most of the time?

LPVO's and MPVO's are completely different in what they are good for. The best 1-8 or 1-10 will, IMO, be inferior to a much cheaper MPVO for long range use, if for no other reason than the MPVO will have adjustable parallax. On the other hand, the MPVOs you listed are way heavier than the typical LPVO, which changes the handling of the rifle, even more so if you add an offset red dot.

You want one scope to switch between multiple platforms in different calibers? Then you better get something with extremely repeatable dialing, and you may as well ignore zero stops as a feature.

Also I wouldnt get too caught up in the mag ranges with Chinese scopes. If scope A goes to 8x and scope B goes to 12x, but both have a degrading image quality starting around 8x, the 12x is of marginal utility.

Last edited:
I like the PA reticles for up close work and found the chevron makes them usable at longer ranges. I have the PA PLX compact 1-8x with the Griffin Mil reticle on my Grendel right now, but I could probably use it on my M&P10 too(which currently has a GLX 4-16x that I'm looking to replace). My buddy has the Accupower 1-8x that I would say is in the same category. Works fine up to around 500yd silhouettes.

I have two Athlons with the APRS6 reticle and it's too fine for up-close work. I forgot which reticle my old Helos BTR GenII 2-12x had but the dot on there was too big for me.

when I eventually upgrade to an FFP it’ll probably be the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10, unless Primary Arms drops something particularly interesting.
Might want to look into the PA PLX Compact. It's FFP, lightweight, and has pretty good glass. I was considering the Razor G3 1-10x but hard to beat the PA, especially at the lower price.

Maybe this might work for you?
If I was in the market, I'd take that deal. Trijicon's glass is better than most, although nightforce will gather more light. I used a trijicon 1-4x to hunt pigs at night in texas and was happy with the quality and illumination range. And of course, their ACOGS are excellent.

Credo 2-10 might fit your needs.
With out any more information besides ".223 and .308" and having a "tree reticle" at a budget price, this is a pretty safe bet. As it stands I don't know if these are both bolt guns or a Remington Varmint .223 @26" and a Scar 17 at 14.5"

ETA PA GLx 2.5-10x44 also seems like a good general fit.

With out any more information besides ".223 and .308" and having a "tree reticle" at a budget price, this is a pretty safe bet. As it stands I don't know if these are both bolt guns or a Remington Varmint .223 @26" and a Scar 17 at 14.5"

ETA PA GLx 2.5-10x44 also seems like a good general fit.
Just get the feel that the that op needs something with all around performance and a forgiving eye box with a decent fov.. The 2.5 is a little tight I think. At least my thoughts on what I got from op post.

Also the 1-10 eye box's are alot to get used to for people who are just tuning into lpvo imo. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love what an lpvo offers, however to actually take advantage of that you need to use them. Alot.

They watch to many gun-tubers without understanding the trade off and just physics of a multiplier of x10 vs a multiplier of x5 in magnification. It's just easier to sit in an mpvo vs an lpvo imo. Ontop of that I believe it's easier IMO to run a 1.93 on lpvo to help train the eye box at anything over a 1-6 than a 1.57 where the 2-10 or mpvo sits nicely.
Anyways I'm not sure of another optic out there for the price point that can beat the credo 2-10.. yes I'm aware it doesn't have parallax adjustment and if we are being honest most shooters don't need it.

Its just one more thing to slow you down when making quicker shots. If you just learn your optic and holds. Imo parallax adjustment is out of date for modern shooting and only snoby old schools want it or pro precision shooters need it. My worthless 2c.

Love my razor gen 3 1-10... its my second wife 😁

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Swampfox? Someone pointed me to the 2-12 just as a temp scope
i have a 1-10x arrowhead that is a decent value, buf sfp and no tree reticles.
i use it more on 1x like a red dot for short range, but have up to 10x if needed for tiny targets.
it's on an air rifle, lol.

I watched a boatload of videos, read reviews and had a hard time picking and LPVO. I finally just went full Leroy Jenkins and bought a Steiner M8Xi.

Sometimes you just have to dive in, head first ;) and if you don't like the optic, sell it and buy something else.