• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO Question Regarding Caliber...

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
I am very new to LPVO's. But I figure it's a perfect sighting system for my 8.6 Blackout build. I will not be shooting that weapon system beyond 200 yards. My question is will an LPVO handle the recoil of an 8.6 BO? It's a 6.5 Creedmoor Case with .338 Projectile. I know that certain scopes are designed to only hold zero on certain calibers. Soooooo, would an LPVO work on a .308? If so, then I would be good to go on an 8.6 BO.

I am very new to LPVO's. But I figure it's a perfect sighting system for my 8.6 Blackout build. I will not be shooting that weapon system beyond 200 yards. My question is will an LPVO handle the recoil of an 8.6 BO? It's a 6.5 Creedmoor Case with .338 Projectile. I know that certain scopes are designed to only hold zero on certain calibers. Soooooo, would an LPVO work on a .308? If so, then I would be good to go on an 8.6 BO.
Get an LPVO that uses a standard MIL stadia reticle, and NOT a BDC reticle, and you will be fine. BDC reticles limit you to cartridge, caliber, bullet weights, etc... If you get one with regular MIL stadia, you can put it on anything, and use your ballistics app to learn your drops with the MILs. 👍🏼

If you're on a budget, this is the best budget LPVO I've ever bought... I ended up with 2 of them, and was running one on my MPR .308 for a while. Loved it on there, honestly... Thinking about putting it back on there for fun sometime.

Here's a pic of it on there.

38665CCA-34A4-48A0-9C9E-EF9593B97D0C.jpeg
6CDE49BC-49E4-4C06-81BB-6AEE5B2ED0BF.jpeg
3AFEAC47-3573-4BE7-A033-855EADB239AF.jpeg

Get an LPVO that uses a standard MIL stadia reticle, and NOT a BDC reticle, and you will be fine. BDC reticles limit you to cartridge, caliber, bullet weights, etc... If you get one with regular MIL stadia, you can put it on anything, and use your ballistics app to learn your drops with the MILs. 👍🏼

If you're on a budget, this is the best budget LPVO I've ever bought... I ended up with 2 of them, and was running one on my MPR .308 for a while. Loved it on there, honestly... Thinking about putting it back on there for fun sometime.

Here's a pic of it on there.

View attachment 8104403
View attachment 8104404
View attachment 8104405

I have to humbly disagree with you here. A BDC reticle works for everything just like a mil reticle does.

The hold over of a BDC is just like a mil reticle, in that each line correlates to a yardage. My reticle in my 3 Gun rifle LPVO has lines at .3, 1, 1.8, 2.8, and 4 mils. Those correlate to a yardage just like 1, 2, 3, or 4 mils lines of a standard linear mil reticle.

You just match the dope of the round you are shooting to the mil number and that's the yardage. I've used my LPVO with a BDC on my 223 and my 308 to shoot Scoped Tac and Heavy Metal 3 Gun respectively. I've also had it on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 to hunt wolves and lions.

Reactions: mrtoyz
I have to humbly disagree with you here. A BDC reticle works for everything just like a mil reticle does.

The hold over of a BDC is just like a mil reticle, in that each line correlates to a yardage. My reticle in my 3 Gun rifle LPVO has lines at .3, 1, 1.8, 2.8, and 4 mils. Those correlate to a yardage just like 1, 2, 3, or 4 mils lines of a standard linear mil reticle.

You just match the dope of the round you are shooting to the mil number and that's the yardage. I've used my LPVO with a BDC on my 223 and my 308 to shoot Scoped Tac and Heavy Metal 3 Gun respectively. I've also had it on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 to hunt wolves and lions.
Yeah, I know how BDC's work and making the marks work... I'm still not a fan. I'll take a standard MIL reticle over any BDC any day of the week.