• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lpvo recommendations around $1k

Delicatessen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Kansas
Look at a SAI 1-6 but wondering what else to consider looking to stay around $1k, biggest concerns:

1. Easy eyebox to use moving/odd positions

2. Reticle that has some sort of wind hold and ranging.

Don’t care about sfp or ffp if in the 6x range . Also considering delta stryker or a used razor iI-e (don’t know about reticle and weight though)

Primary usage is on a semi-precision 18” ar. Roughly at least 1/2 time usage at several hundred yards + but also some shooting while moving in close.

Primary usage is on a semi-precision 18” ar. Roughly at least 1/2 time usage at several hundred yards + but also some shooting while moving in close.

If you’re thinking competition style, known distance shooting I’ve been very impressed with the JM-1 reticle in the vortex. I’d use it for an all around rifle as well but you don’t get wind hold marks and no ranging capabilities.

Yeah have some competition style use in mind but also some general purpose use with unknown ranges.

Your timing is great. This may be the best deal you'll ever get for a top tier lvpo for $1,000
I haven’t heard much about these in terms of forgiving eyebox; have you seen this compared to something like a razor iie?

From what I can see;
Delta 1-6, trijicon 1-6 or 1-8 are available around $900

Sai around $1k

Gen 2, Plxc, vudu around 1200-1300

In that range is there a standout in terms of forgiving eyebox and decent reticle (lean towards Sai/vudu/plx-c reticle)

I haven’t heard much about these in terms of forgiving eyebox; have you seen this compared to something like a razor iie?

From what I can see;

Sai around $1k

In that range is there a standout in terms of forgiving eyebox and decent reticle (lean towards Sai/vudu/plx-c reticle)
Hey there-
These are all good options, my personal favorite being the SAI...and now you can get them in black 😊 and if you want to give me a call I would be glad to assist you further!

Connor

Reactions: Charmingmander

From what I can see;

Sai around $1k

Look at a SAI 1-6 but wondering what else to consider looking to stay around $1k, biggest concerns:

1. Easy eyebox to use moving/odd positions

2. Reticle that has some sort of wind hold and ranging.

Don’t care about sfp or ffp if in the 6x range . Also considering delta stryker or a used razor iI-e (don’t know about reticle and weight though)

I have owned just about every scope mentioned in the thread outside of the Trijicon (burned me pretty good on an ACOG repair, won’t buy from them again) and Primary Arms options.

The Razor 2 is a very good option unless you are prioritizing weight.

The Eotech options don’t really excite me too much as I didn’t love the 1-8 (got very dark on the high end) and nothing about their stuff other than price was very attractive. Their 1-10 seems like a decent value but the lack of side parallax vs the Delta 1-10 at similar price points made us carry the Delta over the Eotech. I believe they are manufactured at the same OEM in Japan.

We don’t carry Vortex as we can’t be competitive on margin with their sales network and discount programs.

We do carry the Delta Strykers, to my eyes, the glass is 95% as good and the weight and cost savings are definitely a factor. The turrets underneath the caps are definitely not as nice as the Razor, and if you are planning on dialing often instead of holding, I would get the Razor. Personally, I don’t find myself dialing ever on an LPVO outside of the initial zeroing of the scope.

If you’d like a Delta Stryker we can save you a bit off the retail price if you want to fill out the contact form on our site.

As mentioned above, SuperSetCA, CDOES, and Ilya / Koshkin / DarkLordOfOptics does a great job reviewing these options on YouTube.

Here's a lightly used Trijicon Credo HX 1-6 for about $600.00.

But, we also have the Vudu 1-8 and 1-10 for less than $1K.

These are all nice scopes. The Credo HX has the brightest illumination. I like reticle on the Vudu 1-10 because it does a good job on both 1X and 10X, which is difficult to do.

I like the Delta Stryker 1-6X24 mainly due to the Fiber Optic illumination. Super daylight bright to my eyes. I think these SFP, FO illum. type scopes do the best job of bridging the gap between Red Dots and LPVOs. Also the FO emits virtually no light out of the objective. Try looking through an etched reticle with illum. on from the front - it's just as bright as the ocular view!
If interested contact me for great deals.
Charles Follett
Darn Fine Shot
darnfineshot.com
812-917-5653

the Vortex Razor 1-6 is awesome and exceptionally bright. I don't think I've ever had to turn mine past 7 or 8 on the brightest day.