• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LPVO Trijicon creedo 1-8 vs others

Sparta953

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2023
Kansas
Rifle: 223 wylde 20in ar15
Budget: ~1k
Use: target out to 500yards(ideally)/light hunting
I have built an AR-15 with a 20in barrel that I plan on mounting a 1-? scope on but with so many options an price points have no idea what to look for as this is my first magnified optic other that a chinesium 4x acog knockoff I got a while back.
Not super concerned with nuclear bright illumination as astigmatism ruins bright dots for me and I would like to get FFP even though it's probably not needed for ranges I'm at.
Currently trying to find something around the 1k mark and am currently liking trijicon credo 1-8.
Are there scopes that are better performance for the money than that?

Also any advice for mounting hardware/ if lapping rings is worth it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what the credo price is right now but Iif you want a FFP, 1-8x24 for under $1500 and you don't need nuclear bright it's the Primary Arms PLx Compact 1-8x24 by a significant margin with it's overall feature set. Almost 10 ounces lighter right off the bat . Reticles are of course subjective but the credo sports the segmented circle so it's pretty close to the ACSS anyways.

Wait for PA to have a 12% off sale or reach out to @marsh1 on here about that discount and the price should be really close to the credo. Jmo. Good luck!