• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO vs VCOG for 16” 556 build

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
I’m getting a great piece of glass for my new build. Current optic is a dual illuminated ACOG. I have been looking at a MRAD version of a 1-8 VCOG or another LPVO that is 1-8/1-10 like a Trijicon Creedo in 1-8 or a 1-10 from Atibal or Primaty Arms.

just looking for opinions. If anyone has a VCOG near JBLM that I could look through, that would be great too.
price wise, I have a limit of about $2k to play with.

opinions and experiences are greatly welcome. Other choices may be considered.

2k for the optic and mount.

The ACSS platinum series are definitely an option.

VCOG has nice glass I got the green segmented circle.

In that budget the new PA PLxC 1-8x24 would be at the top of my research list(due to weight/size, FOV and reticle). Lots of good information coming out on it from reputable guys imo, second would be the Eotech 1-10x28.

Last edited:
I wanted the 34mm body of the scope to gather light with the 28mm obj lens

Reactions: JDB55
I wanted the 34mm body of the scope to gather light with the 28mm obj lens
From my understanding the 34mm tube isn't really going to aid in light transmission much if any, but the 28mm objective will. How much idk Because I've only ever used 24mm, but it should. In your budget I would look hard at that eotech 1-10 if you want a 34mm tube and 28mm objective, seems to be your huckleberry, comes in at 21ish ounces too. If you want to sacrifice a little light for weight that PLxC 1-8 at under 17 ounces seems like it's gonna be a real winner. Either of those will leave you with money to get a quality mount. Good luck!

I’m still seeing opinions and wish I could go look through a few of them before buying one.

Took a class that required shooting from 225 yards in to about 20 yards.

I was only one in class with an ACOG......TA-33.....less mag.....lots of eye relief.

Everyone else had LPVO.

You get 60 rounds, have to make two hits, than move to the next target. Probably twenty targets. So lots o bullets.

I was the only one to finish with save rounds. I think that says more about the skills of my classmates than my setup but I saw a lot of fucking around with mag rather than just shooting.

Only advantage f LPVO, and it's a big one, being able to adjust the diopter.

I put an LPVO on my .308 AR. The carbine.....get something fast and set from 500 in.

Last edited:
I’m still seeing opinions and wish I could go look through a few of them before buying one.
I wish there was a way, the next best thing is either A) find a scope reviewer who is as unbiased as possible and has looked through those scopes and see which is recommended/look them up on YouTube B) just look at the specs, reticle etc and see what fits your rig best that you can tell and go for it C) Buy from somewhere with returns and test them or if you find the one you like first try stick with it. Honestly, D) All the above is probably the best choice lol.

What I am thing now is that the VCOG is out for now and get a LOVO….. between the 1-8 Credo or the 1-8 ACSS

What I am thing now is that the VCOG is out for now and get a LOVO….. between the 1-8 Credo or the 1-8 ACSS
Between those two it's the New Primary PLxC 1-8 no question if it was me, based on the much lighter design, shorter, better reticle on 1x(imo), better reticle on 8x(imo), bigger FOV (121 feet is huge), no tube effect on 1x(I'm not 100% sure on the credo it has the razor like disappearing bezel), similar illumination intensity. I don't see a perk of the credo over the new PA. Maybe someone can bring a different perspective? I guess perhaps the 28 mm objective...

I’d scrounge up a few extra bucks and go 1-10x Razor.

#BOCO

I’d scrounge up a few extra bucks and go 1-10x Razor.

#BOCO
The Razor is great in many ways, light, good glass, nuclear bright, great reticle at 10x(not at 1x without illumination imo), but with the price increase it's hard to justify it at $2500 new or $2000 used IMO. The eyebox is less forgiving due to the extra magnification and smaller objective (24mm/smaller exit pupil) the diffractive illumination type makes it hard to use if not impossible when shooting at awkward angles when you can't fully get behind it and have to shoot with scope shadow (it completely disappears unlike the other forms of illumination out there).

That last part more then any makes it a no go for me and I got a brother who is considering selling it because of the two things I mentioned above. It's got a lot of perks, but to me the negatives are to much to overcome considering the price point. Just my opinion though.

That's one of the reasons I've been so looking forward to seeing the eotech, I'm hoping it's a razor 1-10 with a bit better eye box due to the bigger objective and the illumination is "bright enough" for daytime use because it's not a diffractive reticle but it will still be visible being an etched reticle if your doing things not on the flat range with some scope shadow.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHorta