• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LPVO's. Khales K16i vs Nightforce NX8 vs EOTech Vudu

Burdy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2013
    Had all three of these together so I thought I would share the difference at 1x and 6x on all 3. The Khales just disappears and provides a significant FOV advantage and virtually no tunneling. Sorry for the crap pictures, took them with my cell phone. It's 50 yards to that well house. The pictures go as follows:
    1X: NX8, VUDU, Kahles
    6X: NX8 VUDU, Kahles

IMG_20180929_172501.jpg

IMG_20180929_172151.jpg

IMG_20180929_172921.jpg
    IMG_20180929_172526.jpg
    IMG_20180929_172229.jpg
    IMG_20180929_173150.jpg

Last edited:
    I have the Kahles and I have the SM1 reticle. I like this one better. I am not sold on the amber tint to it so this one looks better to me. How do you like the Eotech? They came down in price to around 950 now so that is not bad at all.

For pure speed on 1x, the Vudu, for all around use, the ATACR. For light weight value, the NX8 and for overall value the razor 2.

Nothing is faster than the eotech reticle in any red reflex sight and it's still king in circles where millisecond mean life or death.

Reactions: longshot2000
    I have the Kahles and I have the SM1 reticle. I like this one better. I am not sold on the amber tint to it so this one looks better to me. How do you like the Eotech? They came down in price to around 950 now so that is not bad at all.
    This 3GR reticle actually looks much better/cleaner in person, I just didn't capture something right in the pic. I have looked through the SM1 and for CQB work, I think it is probably the better option. At distance, I didnt like the repeating stadia lines with no separation. It appeared hard to reference/count. This 3GR reticle for what I want it for, hunting, its perfect. The EOTech's were only down to $950 during their map holiday, so they are at $1299 again. I actually have one for sale on here now...for $995. I still have one on another rifle of mine. It is very quick at 1x, but the reticle is not daylight bright, it is for low-light only, but the optical clarity is great for the money. No fisheye, true 1x and it does a good job of disappearing as well, especially for a FFP scope.
    For pure speed on 1x, the Vudu, for all around use, the ATACR. For light weight value, the NX8 and for overall value the razor 2.

Nothing is faster than the eotech reticle in any red reflex sight and it's still king in circles where millisecond mean life or death.
    Yes on the Vudu, no idea on ATACR as I haven't had any time with it. As for lightweight, the Kahles is lighter than the NX8. Razor 2 at $950 right now at Europtic is definitely the value winner.

Last edited:
    great pics.

Picking a 1-6x or 1-8x has a lot of pros and cons and money considerations. One thing is for sure: NF (both models), Kahles, Razor all do a nice job. The right pick is dependent on the application. I have not gotten behind a Vudu yet. Sounds promising from the remarks here. I would also add to the list the Steiner Military 5x or 6x and the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x.

S&B will be there soon, but I think price point is way too high, give the other contenders that are doing a great job.

ATACR is my go-to LPVO at any price.

ATACR and the SB seem too expensive and heavy relative to the NX8 and K16i. They are what, a grand plus more? Granted, they may be materially more durable but the NX8 seems to be in the sweet spot. I think NF could expand reticle choice to a tree style, a la ATACR and GR3 and they would crush.

Reactions: Pimpbot5000
    Nf has a tendency to withhold features from optics in the lower price tiers to keep the money flowing into the more expensive products.

For example, the 4-14 F1 SHV? epic. Get me a 5-20 shv f1 and Id be golden.

Same thing on the NX8 - all they had to do is etch a christmas tree, simple technically but then who would buy the ATACR?

Reactions: Primus
    The above is Bushy Tac Elite @ 1x. Tree is 102 yards away. Next pic is @ 6.5x. Phone pics, so you know...
    Yes BDC ret. The stadia however is dead on to 600 yards with my load of 27.5 grs. of cfe 223 and 62 gr. Hornady hpbt.

Anyway, the Bushy was not part of the OP, but thought the eye box on the Vudu and NF left something to be desired and wanted to provide a little perspective

Nf has a tendency to withhold features from optics in the lower price tiers to keep the money flowing into the more expensive products.

For example, the 4-14 F1 SHV? epic. Get me a 5-20 shv f1 and Id be golden.

Same thing on the NX8 - all they had to do is etch a christmas tree, simple technically but then who would buy the ATACR?

Exactly, NF fucks over everyone on the features.

Want a usable reticle in the NX8, pay a grand more.....

For those who have no idea which one of those was supposed to be which:
    The nightforce is the 1st and 3rd pic and has this FC-mil reticle
    C598-3.jpg

The eotech is 2nd and 5th and has this sr-2/3 reticle
    cf5805b0-8269-47dc-9311-3f0f5934b9b7_1.2b8b28fd582c8eb7b05d917e91ae3ae4.jpeg

That leaves the khales for 3rd and 6th and has the 3GR reticle
    3gr.jpg

Reactions: outwestrider