• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308 16" No Threads - Options?

Feesh

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2017
South Carolina
I'm currently building an LR-308 on an Aero M5 Lower/Upper Combo (Enhanced Upper with 15" Rail), A2 Fixed Stock. Looking for a 16" barrel that is crowned - unfortunately threaded is not an option. I've seen McGowen and X-Caliber offer custom builds with some lead time, are there any "off the shelf" options or other custom manufacturers to look at?

What BCG/CH is preferred? May add another upper with a 24" barrel in the future as well.

Wilson Combat makes a 16" and 17" that are unthreaded, they are lighter weight hunting profiles, not sure if that matters for you. What is wrong with them being threaded? Could you not use a thread protector?

Wilson 16"
Wilson 17"

Wilson Combat makes a 16" and 17" that are unthreaded, they are lighter weight hunting profiles, not sure if that matters for you. What is wrong with them being threaded? Could you not use a thread protector?

Wilson 16"
Wilson 17"

I'm in NY and want to build a detachable magazine LR-308. Any threads/brake/compensator are considered a banned feature. Thanks for the links - that's exactly what I was looking for.

Reactions: jda2631
I'm in NY and want to build a detachable magazine LR-308. Any threads/brake/compensator are considered a banned feature. Thanks for the links - that's exactly what I was looking for.
You can always pin a thread protector on.