• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lr-308 / Ar-10 bolt carrier questions.

locotrician

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2008
North east, united states
Hello all, i cant seem to find a definitive answer on this either way . I have an SI Defense matched 308 receiver set , a 24 inch kreiger 260 barrel and a bat machine receiver extension . Do i have my choice of dpms or armalite style bolt carrier group or do i need to stick with dpms. I would like to run the armalite due to the balanced lugs and smaller firing pin diameter but im not 100 percent if it will be compatible with the bat extension , bat says dpms will definitly work and armalite should work they think , not confidence inspiring for the armalite.

Both work if you are running a DPMS BGC you might have primer flow due to the larger FP diameter and opening in the bolt face for the FP. Just use a complete bcg and you should be good to go. Just check headspace.

Hello all, i cant seem to find a definitive answer on this either way . I have an SI Defense matched 308 receiver set , a 24 inch kreiger 260 barrel and a bat machine receiver extension . Do i have my choice of dpms or armalite style bolt carrier group or do i need to stick with dpms. I would like to run the armalite due to the balanced lugs and smaller firing pin diameter but im not 100 percent if it will be compatible with the bat extension , bat says dpms will definitly work and armalite should work they think , not confidence inspiring for the armalite.