• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308 Buffer question

daryar79

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Hey guys, I have an LR-308 with a 24" bull barrel and a standard length gas system and stock/buffer/spring. My question is, can I put a carbine tube/spring/buffer on this rig. My ultimate goal here is to install an XLR industries buttstock.

Thanks! I would love one of those triggers but budget is an issue so have been eyeballing a jard. One thing is certain, the factory trigger is one of the worst I've seen.

Yes just make sure you use the DPMS carbine buffer and spring for the 308. I just received a DPMS LR308 with a standard carbine buffer tube with a H3 buffer and ar15 spring and the bolt wouldn't retract far enough to lock back on the bolt catch. The bolt would retract and lock on a magazine but when the mag was released the bolt closed. So make sure you get the right buffer tube, 308 carbine buffer and 306 carbine spring.