• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-.308 DPMS triggers

Rem.308oneshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
kentucky
Just got a lr-.308 looking for a new tigger for , anyone know someone that has changed one out ,,, taking it apart is no big deal just want input on triggers Thanks

I put a Geissele SSA-E in my LR-308 and I love it. It has a nice smooth, light first stage take up, then you feel the second stage just before it breaks like glass. I have shot it during matches, fast and under stress, and I have shot it at 900+ yards in the freezing cold with gloves on and I have zero complaints other than the price.

What specifically are you looking for in a trigger?

Two-stage vs. Single stage?

Any specific weight of pull?

Adjustable vs. non-adjustable?

Drop-in trigger unit (like the Timney, etc.)?

Budget?

Without knowing any of the above info, I personally prefer the Geissele triggers for the best two-stage triggers on the market for a more "precision-minded" setup (available in fully adjustable and non-adjustable models with a variety of different options/configurations).

For a single-stage, the Timney drop ins aren't bad, nor are the JP triggers which come standard on the LR-308 SASS models.

Again, knowing more about what you want/need would go a long way in moving this discussion in the right direction.

Another Geissele vote. I put the Service Rifle version in my LR-308 by just following the directions that come with it. I recall having to turn down the last adjustment screw more than the directions predicted. I couldn't imagine going back to the stock trigger. There are a lot of match triggers on the market but those who put out a lot of rounds have had the fewest problems with Geissele. It's more expensive, but decent LR-308s aren't, at least compared to custom bolt rifles, so put some of those savings toward a Geissele.

Another vote for Geiselle. Just put a SSA-E in my new build and am very happy.

I put a Rock River as well but used the jp springs. Excellent now.

I have the geissele ssa-e, a rock river competition two stage, and a JP. I really like the Geissele, but if you want to save some money the Rock with JP yellow springs is very close in feel and half the cash. If you like a single stage, the JP is good although it took a bit of adjustment to get it just right, again, yellow springs for a 3-3.5 lb pull.