• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308 mags from C-Products

MBass300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Prospect,Ct
I'm looking to pick up some extra mags for my DPMS LR-308, and was wondering if anyone had any experience using C-Products 308 mags in their DPMS rifles.
I was just on their site, and the prices are great. Also, I see they are comeing out with a 25 rd .308 mag soon. Any thoughts or opinions?

Re: LR-308 mags from C-Products

I have a couple C Products mags for my DPMS 308 and it they work fine.

Their good in mine so far. Another good one to look at is the Magpul PMag for the LR-308.

Thats good to hear. I've heard good things about their .223 mags, but I wasn't sure about the .308s. And for $15, they seem too good to be true. I'm glad people are having good luck with them.
Now I just have to decide if I should order the 20rd mags now, or wait till the 25s are available.
Thanks,
Matt

For approx. the same money, you are far better off buying the Magpul LR-20 PMAGs built for the DPMS/KAC/POF/etc. platform. I have had C-Products mags in the past and while they work okay, I had to get C-Products to replace a few that were out of spec. They are a stand-up company though...they provided me with replacements no questions asked.

If you go the PMAG route (which I highly rec.), check with MidwestPX (a site sponsor here) for them. Good prices, fast delivery and great service.

The C-Products mags allow a longer OAL (2.94") than the Magpuls (approx. 2.850")and the stock DPMS mags , if you shoot reloaded ammo. If factory loads, it may not matter to you.

The C-Products mags have a weld at the rear that may drag in some magwells, it is easy to sand/grind off if it drags, or send them back to C-Products and they will replace them.

The coating they put on their very recent mags is the hardest stuff I've ever seen, a file will just slide on it.

I have 5 of them for a POF and have not had any issues with reliability out of them. For the price I am very happy with them.

Another vote for the PMAG. They have been completely reliable.

I have tons and tons of c-products mags and a few p-mags. They all work well. Buy whichever one is cheaper.

edit: I should say that the only mags which have given me trouble are the 10 round DPMS-made ones I purchased from midway. 2 working out of 4 total.

C-products mags are good but I had some issues with them so I opted to get the magpul .308 mags to replace my fleet of .308 C-product mags and couldnt be happier. I didnt have a problem with the c-products in a friends DPMS .308, but my POF didnt like them as well so instead of tweaking the mags or the rifle I just opted to get the magpuls which havent had a hickup.

I bought 10 DPMS on sale a year ago and should have waited. I just picked up some Magpul mags and wont be going back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALLOUTIND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone seen a pmag style in a 10/30 rebuild for california?
for 308? </div></div>

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_87&products_id=399

MidwestPX (a site sponsor) offers the mags linked to above, but only in a 5rnd and a 15rnd version. I bet if you contact them, they will do a 10rnd for you for the same price. They are a good company and will work to get you what you need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALLOUTIND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone seen a pmag style in a 10/30 rebuild for california?
for 308?</div></div>

Here's the 10/20 LR20: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_83&products_id=382

Unfortunately, LR20s have been backordered with Magpul for over a month now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALLOUTIND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone seen a pmag style in a 10/30 rebuild for california?
for 308? </div></div>

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_87&products_id=399

MidwestPX (a site sponsor) offers the mags linked to above, but only in a 5rnd and a 15rnd version. I bet if you contact them, they will do a 10rnd for you for the same price. They are a good company and will work to get you what you need.</div></div>

Thanks!

CProduct mags function fine in my Mk11 carbine. KAC mags do also.

C Pro. mags have always worked for me, never a single issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MidwestPX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here's the 10/20 LR20: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_83&products_id=382

Unfortunately, LR20s have been backordered with Magpul for over a month now.
</div></div>

Ooops. I didn't realize you all were doing the 10/20 as a standard item. I'll keep that in mine for future referrals. Thanks again, Ty...for getting these reduced-capacity LR-20's squared away!!

I have some C-products mags for my 6.5 Grendels, and they work just as well as the Alexander Arms ones. The people at C-products were really easy to work with when I had a mag that didn't hold as many rounds as it should. They replaced the mags without any hassle at all.

I would use C-products mags without any reservations...they work...I can't figure out what else I would want a mag to do..

I have also tried some of the 20 round P-mags for the LR308 that I picked up for about $20.00 each...they also work without any problems.

A buddy of mine got some of the early ones, and had to send them back. The replacements they sent him work fine in his rifle, but, I can't even get one of them in to my gun.

I have a pile of stock DPMS mags that work fine in my rifle, and I picked up a couple of the Pmags, and really like them!