• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308 Trigger

jtac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Natchitoches, La
Looking to buy a two stage trigger for my LR. I've never had any dealings with one before, can someone point me in the direction of a good one, I'm just looking for a shorter, smoother, and lighter pull than the factory.

Re: LR-308 Trigger

JP Enterprises

It's what comes in the factory DPMS SASS. I love it in mine and have never had it not go "bang" with the yellow spring (lighter pull).

I assume you are at Ft. Polk? If so, I'm not far from you in Texas and you are welcome to come squeeze the trigger on mine and see what you think.

X-Treme CG Adjustable 2-Stage, a bit spendy but well worth it and SIMPLE to install and adjust unlike some others out there.
wink.gif

http://bauerarms.com/page11.php?view=productPage&product=79&category=11

Cheers,

Adam

I'm actually about 45 miles north of fort polk, and know some people that have the triggers but never got the chance to mess with them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP Enterprises

It's what comes in the factory DPMS SASS. I love it in mine and have never had it not go "bang" with the yellow spring (lighter pull).

I assume you are at Ft. Polk? If so, I'm not far from you in Texas and you are welcome to come squeeze the trigger on mine and see what you think.</div></div>

JP Enterprises makes a very fine SINGLE STAGE trigger. If you're looking for the top of the line 2-stage trigger check out Geissele Automatics.

You'll find many threads here describing the quality of the GA.

DT1- You are correct. I re-read the post after I replied and saw that he wanted a two stage. It still solves his issues of:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just looking for a shorter, smoother, and lighter pull than the factory.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DT1- You are correct. I re-read the post after I replied and saw that he wanted a two stage. It still solves his issues of:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just looking for a shorter, smoother, and lighter pull than the factory.</div></div>

</div></div>

Yes, the JP Enterprises trigger is the best single stage trigger I've experienced, especially if John installs and tunes it at JP. None better IMHO. The Giessele is the best of the 2-stage triggers I've used.

I've also got a Jackson 2-stage in one of my bolt rifles. Very nice. I'm sure their 2-stage AR triggers are nice also. Haven't had a chance to try one yet.

RRA 2-stage is OK, especially for the price. If you have a chance to compare one to a Giessele you'll understand why it isn't quite as nice.

In addition to incredible feel, the Geissele is hardened to make it extremely durable so it'll last you a loooooog time.

RRA NM2 trigger. That's what I have on mine. Great trigger, with the right pull, at an affordable price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP Enterprises

I assume you are at Ft. Polk? If so, I'm not far from you in Texas and you are welcome to come squeeze the trigger on mine and see what you think.</div></div>

JP Enterprises makes a very fine SINGLE STAGE trigger. If you're looking for the top of the line 2-stage trigger check out Geissele Automatics.

You'll find many threads here describing the quality of the GA. </div></div>

+1. G/A triggers are great.

-dan

Thanks for all the input. I will be soon ordering one of the very ones written about on here, I'm kinda leaning towards RRA National Match 2-Stage, but some more research is still to be done

For AR rifles Timney gets my vote... my Timney trigger breaks like glass and was simple to install.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rommel500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For AR rifles Timney gets my vote... my Timney trigger breaks like glass and was simple to install. </div></div>

+1, my single stage trigger feels just like a good bolt action trigger. Can't stand any two stage trigger.