• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308 TRIGGER??

dusty1025

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2009
southwest PA
ok, first i have to say that i've read a lot of posts regarding trigger options for the AR, and i know this topic has been beat to death. This is my first AR build I'm just asking for some guidance here. My DPMS will spend most of its time riding the bags and plinking with the odd hunting trip here or there.

JP has a special right now for their 3lb trigger, speed hammer and oversized anti-walk pins installed with return shipping for $220.

Geissele's web site is down right now. I can get to their home page but can't navigate through their site. I hear that their unit is the proverbial "cats ass". But the cheapest price i could find is $279.00. Is the geissele worth the extra dough for my application, and is there anywhere it can be had cheaper than $279.00.

Re: LR-308 TRIGGER??

There is the SR-Gold trigger made for the LR 308 , Geiselle, who I found at Rainier arms with three sping options, rather than the one, and the CG Extreme AR trigger at Bauer arms.

Those are my tops picks. Only issue buying through pact on the AR gold trigger is the $15 shipping for a trigger.

I am a true believer in the quality, reliability and overall function of the Geissele Trigger units. They have a trigger for basically any purpose you could want. I have bought my last few from ADCO (Steve is a great guy to do business with). Here is a link to their page which offers an explanation of the different options that Geissele offers:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=1799

Also, check Brownells if ADCO doesn't have what you need:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26433/Product/AR_15_M16_AR_STYLE__308_HI_SPEED_TRIGGERS

As for finding a lower price...probably not lower than $279 for a new one. If you check around on ARFCOM, you can probably find a used one in the EE under Lower Parts/Accessories and save yourself a little money.

+1 on the Geissele. I have two DMR's and I love them. I have a DPMS 308 AP4 that I hunt with and I took off the crappy trigger (7 pound pull) and put on the Geissele and have never looked back. It is expensive but it is the best. I have heard people talk highly about Rock River's NM trigger too.

I have a Timney on my LR-308B. It's comparatively inexpensive, breaks cleanly, and installing it myself was a good learning opportunity.

Does Geissele have any warranty on their products. If so i may consider a used one.

So...no props for the JP trigger huh?
Thanks guys, looks like i might sell that kidney to get the geissele.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65mm06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">which one would i need for my LR-308? The .169 or .154 pin size?</div></div>

.154 - the small pin set - the only large pin set-up is the Colt AR-15 as far as I know.

Yes, Geissele stands behind their product. Great company - call them and tell them what you are doing and ask them about their warranty. They are decent people and will take the time to talk to you.

I know a lot of guys here like the Geewhizells but if you dont want to spend the extra coin for the amount of time and what I do with it the RRA NM trigger does fine in my AP4.
<span style="font-weight: bold">To answer your original question you just need the standard size which is: .154 </span>

.154 for sure.

As for the warranty...I don't know that Geissele has a printed warranty or guarantee, but they are a stand-up company and if you have a problem with one of their products, they will take care of you. If you buy as used one, just ensure that it hasn't been modified/altered by the original owner. If it is as it left the factory, you should be good to go.

I think I'm going to look for a 2nd hand Geissele. I just can't bring myself to spend almost $300 on a trigger. I could buy a magpul PRS and an adjustable gas block for that kind of dough.

As you can tell this is my first AR and I'm having difficulty deciding what to do first.
Thanks again guys.

There are a few other options to consider. If you aren't worried about having an adjustable trigger, then you can go for the Geissele SSA (super semi-auto) trigger unit which is a non-adjustable version of their other High Speed trigger units like the DMR and Match triggers. Instead of the adjustability, it has a fixed, 2-stage pull with the 1st stage at 2.5lbs and the 2nd stage at around 2lbs. These units are also available from ADCO, Brownells, etc., and can be had NIB for $170.

The other thing to do, if you don't have to buy and install it immediately, is to wait on MidwayUSA to have one of its sales where you can get 10%-15% off any order over a certain amount. That would get you a DMR or Match trigger unit for around $235 or so.

I'll vote for the JP. I like a nice single stage trigger and that is what you get.
You can save some money by "bobbing" your own hammer. And the light spring kit will sometimes not fire .308 mil spec ammo, usually does but there is the chance it might not. You can also tweak your own springs and while your at it install the trigger. The only part you might screw up is pretty cheap to replace, and you'll have an extra anyway. Knock $100 off your shipped price and your half way to the stock you want.

the geissele SSA sounds like the one for me.
Thanks guys

He is from out near <span style="font-style: italic">Philth</span>adelphia, I'm going to contact him and see if he is going to be at the Eastern Sport Travel and Outdoors show in Harrisburg on Valentines day weekend, hopefully he's there and has a show special. My wife and i always spend the weekend there for Valentines day.