• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR-308B Hanguard

kyshootnman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2012
Greensburg, KY
After doing some research, I have found that DPMS has made their uppers in three different heights. The 308B model has the highest of the uppers, and I'm having a really hard time finding a forearm that will make the top rail monolithic. Handguards such as the Troy Battle comes in LP and HP, but even the HP isn't near high enough to mate to my receiver. Has anyone else had any lucking finding a compatible rail for this particular upper? The pic below is what mine looks like.

Attachments

• dpms308-7.jpg
    dpms308-7.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 14
There are plenty of compatible handguards/rails, but nobody has ever made a monolithic style handguard that gets close to the B-height receivers.

The closest I'm aware of is something that was, at least at one time, offered by Superior Weapon Systems which was a railed handguard with a higher rail at 12 o'clock that only ran roughly 2/3 of the handguard length (couple inch gap between the start of the handguard rail and the receiver rail)...looked fugly as sin, but it worked. See here for more info: Free Float Tubes AR10 AR-10 AR-15 AR15 SR25 SR-25 DPMS

Best advice I can give...if you want a monolithic rail...sell the LR-308B and find a suitable replacement. Fortunately for you, you live in a free state and that shouldn't be too tall an order.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up man. This is what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if they made such a thing or not, but I've been looking at other regular tubes if a monolithic wasn't a possibility.