• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR/ELR weekend Oct 21/22 at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA

Gertvr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2021
Roswell GA
Good evening all,

We had a very successful informal LR/ELR shooting weekend at the Arena Training Facility UDR (unknown distance range) last summer and are planning a follow up event on the weekend of Oct 21st, follow the link if you want to read up on the previous event. We had a total of 21 folks that joined over the weekend 13 of those for the entire weekend and 8 elected to go for a day. We started the event on Friday midday and until Sunday and quite a few of us were shooting until almost completely dark. We had a mix of very experienced ELR shooters (competitive shooters with 33XC, 416 & 460 Steyr hardware) all the way to novices with 6.5 Creedmoors and every stage in between. The help from the experienced guys were invaluable with both shooting and spotting. This was almost the perfect environment for me as a novice to learn from experienced guys and also implement what I have learnt from other precision shooting training classes, for the more experienced shooters there was the benefit from the world class spotters and their gear to get them out to distance even with the difficult visibility of summer in South GA, it was 100F in the shade that weekend.

With this in mind I was able to reserve a weekend in the fall with the hope that the temps will be better and the mirage not as bad as it was last mid-June. With the total of 21 shooters and the mix between full weekend and day shooters as described above the rental for the weekend was covered at $170/ weekend shooter and 85/day shooter. Cabins will be available at 120/day. I selected to stay in the cabin on campus and for me it was by far the best solution logistically and were able to cook out and hang out with the other guys. They have opened reservations for the cabins as well and will be up on thier website later this week.

There is a lot of time to prep, save up for the range fees, get approval from the boss, get a gun, load ammo etc. until the weekend in October. I will start a roster same as last time and if you are planning to attend send me a PM. Will keep the number at around 20-25 folks as it worked well last time.

We will also settle the .308 vs 6.5CM challenge then.

Hope to see you there.

Reactions: Sharris613
Good evening all,

We had a very successful informal LR/ELR shooting weekend at the Arena Training Facility UDR (unknown distance range) last summer and are planning a follow up event on the weekend of Oct 21st, follow the link if you want to read up on the previous event. We had a total of 21 folks that joined over the weekend 13 of those for the entire weekend and 8 elected to go for a day. We started the event on Friday midday and until Sunday and quite a few of us were shooting until almost completely dark. We had a mix of very experienced ELR shooters (competitive shooters with 33XC, 416 & 460 Steyr hardware) all the way to novices with 6.5 Creedmoors and every stage in between. The help from the experienced guys were invaluable with both shooting and spotting. This was almost the perfect environment for me as a novice to learn from experienced guys and also implement what I have learnt from other precision shooting training classes, for the more experienced shooters there was the benefit from the world class spotters and their gear to get them out to distance even with the difficult visibility of summer in South GA, it was 100F in the shade that weekend.

With this in mind I was able to reserve a weekend in the fall with the hope that the temps will be better and the mirage not as bad as it was last mid-June. With the total of 21 shooters and the mix between full weekend and day shooters as described above the rental for the weekend was covered at $170/ weekend shooter and 85/day shooter. Cabins will be available at 120/day. I selected to stay in the cabin on campus and for me it was by far the best solution logistically and were able to cook out and hang out with the other guys. They have opened reservations for the cabins as well and will be up on thier website later this week.

There is a lot of time to prep, save up for the range fees, get approval from the boss, get a gun, load ammo etc. until the weekend in October. I will start a roster same as last time and if you are planning to attend send me a PM. Will keep the number at around 20-25 folks as it worked well last time.

Hope to see you there.
ELR match in VA the weekend after. Might be better for your numbers to move it a bit if possible.

-Alex

In again Gert as last time. Will stay on property this time around. When are you starting to collect fees?

Reactions: Gertvr
Good choice on the accommodations, we found it to be very convenient :) I will start collecting fees at the end of the June.

Reactions: AK74U
Fall is such a great time to shoot in the Southeast... love to come down to this but will probably be up at the above mentioned elr match the next weekend.

OK. We are a group of 3-5 traversing from southern tip of FL.(about a 10hr trip with a stop or two).
we would have to leave thurs early and stay on property until departure at first lite on Sunday.
We are all 30cal novices, with the exception of one 33cal novice. Please advise.

Do y'all have sufficient long range tools?

OK. We are a group of 3-5 traversing from southern tip of FL.(about a 10hr trip with a stop or two).
we would have to leave thurs early and stay on property until departure at first lite on Sunday.
We are all 30cal novices, with the exception of one 33cal novice. Please advise.

Do y'all have sufficient long range tools?
Yessir. We all are equipped to engage targets out to 2000 with firing solutions and no hold overs. I'm pretty sure I alone could have bought a small country with what I have invested. The 4 of us will all run 300WM's and I'll bring my 300PRC to see how far I can engage past 2000.
We will have 4 Lab Radars running, Kilo 5 and 6 binos, Kestrels Elites, 4 spotting scopes(1 a KOWA 99), up to 12 tripods, 2 Target Vision camera systems with 6 cameras, shot indicators from Magnetospeed, etc..., which pretty much takes up half of a platform.
I say we are novices until we can hold a minute at a mile with repeatability along with several 1st shot impacts over 1K stretched over several sessions. I've wanted to visit this facility for over 2 years now, and thought we would be a good fit from what I've read thus far. Hope this helps.

• Wow
Reactions: Gertvr and AK74U
Yessir. We all are equipped to engage targets out to 2000 with firing solutions and no hold overs. I'm pretty sure I alone could have bought a small country with what I have invested. The 4 of us will all run 300WM's and I'll bring my 300PRC to see how far I can engage past 2000.
We will have 4 Lab Radars running, Kilo 5 and 6 binos, Kestrels Elites, 4 spotting scopes(1 a KOWA 99), up to 12 tripods, 2 Target Vision camera systems with 6 cameras, shot indicators from Magnetospeed, etc..., which pretty much takes up half of a platform.
I say we are novices until we can hold a minute at a mile with repeatability along with several 1st shot impacts over 1K stretched over several sessions. I've wanted to visit this facility for over 2 years now, and thought we would be a good fit from what I've read thus far. Hope this helps.
Lol. Next question? 🤣

What he said but he exaggerated, we don’t have 12 tripods. Lmao!

Y'all wanna sell one of those LabRadar's?
Seems like y'all are well prepared. Any NV y'all wanna test out?

Y'all wanna sell one of those LabRadar's?
Seems like y'all are well prepared. Any NV y'all wanna test out?
Daytime is challenging enough. I roll with 2 LR's(chance favors the prepared mind)

• Haha
Good evening all,

Hope to see you there.
How do I arrange reservations for 2 cabins for 4 guys? Staying offsite may be a deal breaker due to all the gear we will be traveling with.
I don't know how to PM on here.
Thx.

I think since Gert is hosting, when you pay him you will tell him to reserve the cabins. Or Eddie will post on the site that they're cabins available when it gets closer to the weekend.

How do I arrange reservations for 2 cabins for 4 guys? Staying offsite may be a deal breaker due to all the gear we will be traveling with.
I don't know how to PM on here.
Thx.

Good Morning Gents,

I have to start collecting range fees to confirm inclusion on the roster as we have 23 on the roster already the plan was for around 20, it filled up fairly quickly in the last few days. Please send me your range fees with any of the systems below. We can accommodate more shooters possibly around 25-30 but to keep the group manageable and for everyone to have a good shooting area and as much shooting time as they can handle or have ammo for. We will have an official Range Officer from River Bend GC as well this time that will help keep things organized and help with safety and range management. The weekend starts on Friday 10/20/23 midday, Saturday and Sunday. I asked to have the accommodation opened for reservations but they(Arena) wanted to delay releasing the cabins and camping areas to closer to the event. I will keep you posted on any developments here. Once the cabins are released for reservation you reserve them directly on their website and settle the balance with them when you get there.

Range fees $170 via:
  • Zelle use 7708613488,
  • Paypal FF use [email protected]
  • CashApp $IrokoProperties
  • Arena10_21Roster.jpg

Good evening all,

Hope to see you there.
I would love to join the group in October
Good evening all,

Hope to see you there.
very interested. Are there spots still available?

Good Morning,

Here is where we are at with the roster for the October weekend. The folks that paid have spots secured. If you paid and its not indicated on the roster please let me know so I can look into it.

Arena10_21at8_1.jpg

Gert, will we have access to the targets to place hit indicators? Caldwell has a new one that is cheap and supposed to be really good. I'll pick up a couple to try out if so.

Yes, I also have a couple of Magnetospeed indicators that we can place, we periodically close the range to paint the targets that takes a beating & fix failing camera comms. etc. so we can place them early in the morning or one one of these breaks

Reactions: ForgeValley
Those hot indicators will come in handy for the night time shooting!!

Yes, I also have a couple of Magnetospeed indicators that we can place, we periodically close the range to paint the targets that takes a beating & fix failing camera comms. etc. so we can place them early in the morning or one one of these breaks

Good Morning Gents,

I have to start collecting range fees to confirm inclusion on the roster as we have 23 on the roster already the plan was for around 20, it filled up fairly quickly in the last few days. Please send me your range fees with any of the systems below. We can accommodate more shooters possibly around 25-30 but to keep the group manageable and for everyone to have a good shooting area and as much shooting time as they can handle or have ammo for. We will have an official Range Officer from River Bend GC as well this time that will help keep things organized and help with safety and range management. The weekend starts on Friday 10/20/23 midday, Saturday and Sunday. I asked to have the accommodation opened for reservations but they(Arena) wanted to delay releasing the cabins and camping areas to closer to the event. I will keep you posted on any developments here. Once the cabins are released for reservation you reserve them directly on their website and settle the balance with them when you get there.

Range fees $170 via:

Good Morning Gents,

Range fees $170 via:
OK, just found an email from Eddie sent last evening stating the UKD range will be open that friday afternoon.
sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Confirmed It is available, they had a Secret Service contract to honor but we worked around that we are good for 1/2 day Friday through the weekend

Cabin reservations are open at the Arena website
Done. 2 cabins reserved for the four of us. Thank you again for your consideration and inclusion. Really looking forward to some nice shooting weather and making new friends.

Done. 2 cabins reserved for the four of us. Thank you again for your consideration and inclusion. Really looking forward to some nice shooting weather and making new friends.

Late October is too late for a hurricane, right? Right?? :oops:

Reactions: btuse
Lady and Gents,

Finally the Arena weekend is here. Looks like the weather will good (no hurricanes) except for some rain on Friday afternoon. Below is the roster for the weekend. We have the UKD range from Friday noon until Sunday evening. We will have a qualified Range Officer (Jeff Fegreus from River Bend GC) for the weekend and safety briefings on Friday afternoon 1pm, Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:30 at the shooting line. We are also planning on an informal .308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor match on Sunday at 11am to settle the verbal abuse the 6.5Creedmoor guys suffered at the last weekend , $10 buy in (1 sighter and 5 shots for record) at 1K yds on steel target. (tie breakers will be at 1200, 1400, 1600 yds) Winner gets the pot and bragging rights. for the year.

Pls check in with the office when you get there, some paperwork needs to be completed and if you are staying on campus they will assign your cabin.

Looking forward to shooting with you all the weekend.

Rgrds
Gert

Arena10_21-10_16.jpg

👍👍

Looks like an excellent weekend for shooting. I'm going to try and arrive between 12 and 2, the traffic hell that is Atlanta is between me and Blakely so I have to try and time it just right.

Bringing all my reloading stuff because I need to do some load workup for 7 prc.

You leaving Friday afternoon or Saturday? What part of Atlanta?

👍👍

Looks like an excellent weekend for shooting. I'm going to try and arrive between 12 and 2, the traffic hell that is Atlanta is between me and Blakely so I have to try and time it just right.

Bringing all my reloading stuff because I need to do some load workup for 7 prc.

Trying to arrive in Blakely early afternoon Friday. Just have to get through Atlanta , I'm up in NC.
Damn that's a haul. See ya Saturday morning. If you have any reloading equipment that needs an electrical outlet I have one in the back of my truck bed if needed.

Reactions: ForgeValley
I want to say it was great meeting all of ya’ll. I had a amazing time and hope to do it again if you’ll have us and my friends back again. This was definitely the nicest range I have been to so far and don’t expect to find a nicer one anytime soon. Thank you all again and stay blessed!

Reactions: bf2junky and AK74U
Definitely had a great time with a great group of people. Looking forward to the next outing. Arena is an awesome facility.

What a great weekend with a bunch of solid guys. Qban, wanted to shake your hand before I left but seeing your mug from the bottom of the tower will have to do. You so called amateurs (sandbaggers) are always welcome, great to meet all you guys. Can't wait till next time!