• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR mag primers in a .308?

trilogymac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2007
TX
I was digging thru my stash looking for 205's and found 2k LR magnum primers(1100 Win and 900 CCI). Is anyone using them in their .308? I don't shoot a magnum anymore and if I can use them up.....

Thanks,
Trilogymac

Re: LR mag primers in a .308?

Umm....that 243 of yours....it shot CCI Magnum primers VERY well with Ramshot Hunter
smile.gif

That will work.

Just pulled out your old note. Sure enough, you already told me!

Thanks Jason.

Best,
Bill

After finding 2000 CCI 250s I'd forgotten about, not owning any magnum rifles, and an abundance of cheapness, I tried them in my .308 under some Sierra 110 grain HP bullets. Pretty damn good!

Accurate and no adverse signs of pressure. I did start at the beginning (Min) load but would have no hesitation now working back up to my usual mid range loads.

No trail blazer here, sadly...

Is anyone reducing their powder charge with the mag primers?
I am loading with LC Match brass (7.62) and have mag primers also???
J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrhtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone reducing their powder charge with the mag primers?
I am loading with LC Match brass (7.62) and have mag primers also???
J </div></div>

Accurate and no adverse signs of pressure. I did start at the beginning (Min) load but would have no hesitation now working back up to my usual mid range loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the same load with Magnum and non magnum primers. Cant tell a difference. All military NATO 308 ammo uses magnum primers. </div></div>

As agent Mulder might say, "I want to believe". But how does one know this is a fact?