• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR shooting in MD/PA/WV/VA

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
i have access to about 900 yards of mountain top shooting in central WV(about 5 hours away), but i was wondering if any of you guys know of some fun/challanging places to shoot.

right now im living outside of baltimore and outside of quantico, im having a tuff time find some decent spots.

i do believe there isa 600 yard range in lancaster thats planning on expanding to 1000 plus but have checked it out yet

thanks

Re: LR shooting in MD/PA/WV/VA

Reade is right there for you, Lewistown has a 1k club I've heard of as well. The place in Lancaster is New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club. The plan to push out to 1000 is about 24-30 months in the future as we're finishing up paying off a mortgage for a large plot of land that was recently purchased to expand the club on the northern side.

Since you're listed as being in Pittsburgh, give a look over to Thunder Valley Precision. You can shoot to appx 2400yd out there under certain conditions. The place is fantastic.

Thunder precision seems well worth the road trip. Ill have to shoot them an email soon.

So what the deal with them. I.see a lot matches go on there but can you use the facility if nothings going on. How does membership work. Seems perfect

Tom Sarver (goes by the same name here) is the proprietor. Your best bet is to call him and get the skinny on coming out.

Almost every weekend there's a match or activity going on in some way, if you want to go shoot during the week, scheduling some range time is a great idea.

If you decide to just go to a match to start up your adventures there it's not going to be a problem. I'm sure you'll learn things, the regulars out there are a great group of shooters and will bend over backwards to help out new arrivals and coach them through the courses.

Membership is $50/year and that cuts $10/match off the fees.

yeah, i actually gave him a call earlier this afternoon and i am really excited to get up there,

ive shot at read range before and its was cool, but this seems like it would be more interesting, i may be able to get up there before the close stuff down for the a couple months.

i may even have him assemble the 338 lapau that i am putting together, figure ill go up with a box of parts, shoot the course with the 308, come back a couple weeks later and run it with the 338 when its done

thanks for the info guys

Also don't forget about Rayners 1000 yard range below Zanesville. The matches are very competitive and challenging. Rifles with optics, opensights and even handguns compete out to 1000 yards on varying size targets. A call to Tom to arrange a day of practice or the matches are the 4th Sunday of each month although only one more is scheduled this year.

Both Thunder Valley and Rayners put on good matches and fellow competitors are always ready to offer help in any way they can.

Raynes Website: http://www.raynersrange.com/

Thread and match results from last weeks match. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2055741#Post2055741

Topstrap (Dennis)