• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lr308 and JP adjustable gas block?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
Do they all work with the 308 rifles or are there some that are 308 specific? (of course given its the right size for the barrel)

Re: lr308 and JP adjustable gas block?

The all work with any AR style barrel provided you get one of the correct diameter.

I just put one on my Oracle. Definitely reduces the recoil on the 308.

I just put a PRI low pro adjustable on my Armalite 300 SAUM with 210 Berger VLDs. Closed it as far as I could and it still had enough gas squeek by to cycle perfect.
Remarkable how much recoil it sucked up. Tested one shot backing out the screw 1/2 turn and it was enough recoil that I didn't want to ever shoot it that way again, comparatively speaking.

thanks for the input, I am building a lr308 and decided to use an adjustable gas block. I ordered one from bravo co USA

You will like it. Amazing how much it helps with that big bolt slamming back and forth.

It will work. I did a review on a PRI gas block and was surprised how far down I was able to throttle it. c_bass16 is right, it sucks up a bunch of recoil, and it will drop your brass in a nice little pile next to you.....

PRI Review