• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR308 paladin adjustable gas block fit under a Apex handguard?

LongArm

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
Will a paladin machine adjustable gas block fit under a rifle length apex hand guard? The gas block will be a .875".

"Outside diameter of the tube is 1.970"

Inside diameter of the tube is 1.750":

AR15 models: .925'' above & .825'' below center of bore

AR10/308 models: .975'' above & .775'' below center of bore

The handguard is offset from the centerline of the barrel, to provide better internal clearance: AR15 by .050; 308 by .100 "

Anyone have any experience on these?

The Paladin blocks I have used will not be small enough to clear 95% of the rails on the market, but I'm not positive about the Apex units to be honest with you as I've never tried with one. HOWEVER...even assuming it will go under the handguard and not make contact...why do you want to slap an adjustable gas block on a barrel and then cover it up with your handguard?! It makes adjusting the damn thing a royal PITA if not impossible with the Paladin given how you have to turn the adjustment lever (at least without having to hack up your handguard to gain easy access to the block/lever). Even the set-screw/allen key type adjustable blocks can be a PITA to adjust depending on the particular handguard in question.

I understand you the points you made. I normaly run a DA7 from slr, which adjusts from the front by use of a single screw. I do not mind hacking a new forearm. I do not look forward to it but if will give me what I want I will do it. I will try to get a switch block that has an allen head so it can be changed that way. The reason for the covered gas block is because I have long arms and I like to be able to stretch them out while shooting.