• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LR308 project.....

oelschl

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2004
Arkansas
Well I’ve been noticing everyone else's build threads and figured I’d post mine to get some feedback. I’d like some opinions on my build, well not really a build per se. I ordered the parts and assembled them. I’m not a gunsmith and nor do I claim to be. I wanted a large frame AR to shoot but didn’t want drop the amount of coin for a GAP 10. This is a (over)-budget AR type build that fits the bill for me. I plan on using it for recreational shooting and perhaps some competitions in the future. Specs are as follows-

DPMS Upper (A3 low profile)
DPMS Lower
DPMS BCG
DPMS charging handle (…soon to be replaced by a BCM)
Fulton Armory-Criterion M110 barrel (20” with 1x12 twist).
Fulton Armory FAR10 buffer tube, spring, and buffer
DPMS A2 style flash hider
Troy MRF 13.8 free float rail.
EGW Low profile gas block
DPMS rifle length gas tube
Magpul PRS stock.
Magpul BUIS.
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul Mags
JP Reduced Power trigger springs
Harris Bipod mounted on YHM adapter
TIS Quick Cuff mounted at 9 O’clock
ADM Recon scope mount
Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x50mm TMR

Overall, I’m happy with my “build” and can’t wait to get out on the range. All the parts fit together nice and tight. The headspace has been checked and the JP springs feel real good compared to the stock DPMS. Next modifications will be a new trigger and a BCM charging handle. Anyways, opinions/comments (good, bad or indifferent)….fire away. Pics are below.

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

Re: LR308 project.....

Very nice... I just finished mine. Almost identical. Accept I used a iron ridge arms lower. Enjoy!

Re: LR308 project.....

Great Build!!! I'm actually saving up for the same identical setup for my DPMS Build as well! If you don't mind me asking, with your current setup minus the Scope, how much do you have invested in this rifle? I'm looking to see how much $$$ I'll need to complete this project. I understand it's a sensitive subject, if you don't mind you can PM me the ball park figure...Thanks and Congrats on the Beauty!!!