• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR308 question

tjassman84

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2013
Mission,South Dakota
I bought a barrel off of an Remington R25 in the 260. Was gonna put it in an aero M5 upper and the barrel extension is wayyy too small. Can I change that extension? Any input would be appreciated

Yeah, start over. Best advise, if you are somewhat new to the 308AR / AR10 world, is buy a gun and don't build it. The .308 rifle parts are all over the place in terms of lack of compatibility. The .308 gas gun is not like the AR16 / M4 / M16, where almost every part is interchangeable. Start with the premise that nothing fits together, and occasionally you find parts which do. Hell, even Armalite has a Type A and a Type B AR10. One is AR10 compatible and one is DPMS compatible. Go figure that one out.

Yeah, start over. Best advise, if you are somewhat new to the 308AR / AR10 world, is buy a gun and don't build it. The .308 rifle parts are all over the place in terms of lack of compatibility. The .308 gas gun is not like the AR16 / M4 / M16, where almost every part is interchangeable. Start with the premise that nothing fits together, and occasionally you find parts which do. Hell, even Armalite has a Type A and a Type B AR10. One is AR10 compatible and one is DPMS compatible. Go figure that one out.
So new armalites use dpms bolts, ar15 gas tube lengths, barrel nut threading, receiver cut, and the same rail heights? Or are they just Back to the original mag design? The B series, from what I understand, was just a work around for the 94 awb. I could be wrong though.

Last edited: