• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR308 - Spare Parts

Statusquo

Horse’s Ass
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
WA
Building an LR308. Mostly Aero Precision except JP spring, Geissele, and Adj. Gas Block. What parts are prone to break or would be good to carry a spare at matches? Thanks.

Nothing is particularly prone to breakage. However, a spare LPK and a complete BCG with head-spaced bolt would get you back in the game in quick order. Honestly, the failure point on all mag fed guns is the magazine. Bring extras. If I had a choice between spare “parts” and spare magazines- spare magazines, every time.

That said, a tool kit sufficient to build the rifle in the field could be invaluable. I have everything but a vice at matches, just in case.

The things I've consistently seen screw gas gun guys over at matches is the adjustable gas block and magazines. Guys will tune their AGB to the bleeding edge of reliability because "it shoots so smooth" but as soon as the gun gets good and dirty it fucks them. I agree with the above also, bring extra mags.

A spare gun is ideal but I also carry a tool kit with some spare parts in it like an extractor, firing pin, and gas rings. The tool kit also has a torque driver and bits for the common fastener sizes in case something comes loose, however an ounce of prevention is worth zero penalties on a stage. Tighten your shit down and put witness marks on it so you can tell if something has loosened up.