• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lr308 trigger

gpz750

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
whitesboro TX
Does the dpms lr308 use the same trigger as an ar15? Whats everyones favorite trigger? How lite of a trigger to use? Have seen post about changing the spring in the stock dpms trigger, is this worth the trouble?

Re: lr308 trigger

Yes it takes the same triggers. My factory springs were removed and replaced with ar-15 triggers. Then worked over by my gun smith. It now breaks at 3lbs 2 oz with no creep. The smith is a buddy so it only cost me $25.00. I have had people shoot it and ask if it was a $200-300 trigger. I would say find a good smith and have him work it over for you.

I have a LR308 with the 24" SS barrel

I went a slightly differnt route, I had a Wilson Combat TTU 4lb single stage trigger put in mine, $200 ish I believe. 300 rnds and no issues. Ialso have a LR-308 24" stainless barrel

you can send the factory trigger to triggerwork.net and get a nice job done for a good price

I like my Jewell, all my shootin' buds were makin' fun of me when I put the trigger in, but the difference was night and day. I really like the Jewells, I have two and they're both in my favorites tack drivin' AR's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpz750</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the dpms lr308 use the same trigger as an ar15? Whats everyones favorite trigger? How lite of a trigger to use? Have seen post about changing the spring in the stock dpms trigger, is this worth the trouble? </div></div>

I sent mine to Bill Springfield for a 3lb trigger job and speed hammer. Only $56 including return shipping.

I admittedly went cheap, but the stock trigger was so bad I spent $80 to drop in a Rock River Arms two stage and it made a huge difference...

Went with the geissele dmr. Set at 3lb first stage and 1.25 second stage. Was a little time consuming to do the install, but the results were well worth it. Couldn't be happier with the trigger now. Stock dpms measured 7.5lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpz750</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went with the geissele dmr. Set at 3lb first stage and 1.25 second stage. Was a little time consuming to do the install, but the results were well worth it. Couldn't be happier with the trigger now. Stock dpms measured 7.5lbs </div></div>

I also use this trigger. It works great. In a recent build, I used a new non adjustable Geissele and it is just about as nice as the adjustable one. Great triggers. Great locktime too.

-dan