• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRA ski feet alternatives?

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
Last I checked with LRA (Long Range Accuracy), they didn’t make ski feet. They used to, long ago, but not for years.

Anyone have a hack, workaround, or know of a company that makes ski feet for LRA bipods?

For examples of hacks, for bipods with a narrower spread than my wide-ass f-class tactical lite LRA, I’ve used a frisbee turned upside down. For a workaround on Harris bipods, I've bought these “slippers” (haven’t used them yet but they snap on firmly and are indeed slippery).

I made some for one a few years ago. There's a bit of work involved in the spigot part that fits into the legs. I made some ski feet and cleat type of feet for it, I just used screws rather than the spring loaded pins to hold them in place. Most machine/fabrication shops could do it, it's just how much you are prepared to pay for them. As a one-off job there's a few hours in it.

You could make them a lot simpler if you didn't want them to pivot on the end of the legs. You could also get them 3d printed. PETG would be plenty strong enough for the ski feet.

14939333_559168360935815_8336524396721557899_o.jpg

14917073_559168334269151_941785249420742749_o.jpg

Last I checked with LRA (Long Range Accuracy), they didn’t make ski feet. They used to, long ago, but not for years.

Anyone have a hack, workaround, or know of a company that makes ski feet for LRA bipods?

For examples of hacks, for bipods with a narrower spread than my wide-ass f-class tactical lite LRA, I’ve used a frisbee turned upside down. For a workaround on Harris bipods, I've bought these “slippers” (haven’t used them yet but they snap on firmly and are indeed slippery).
I may have some
EF9D80C8-C832-44BD-AE1D-70E479633C34.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I did speak with LRA today (Clif, great guy) and he said they’re coming out with some ski feet soon and are testing them. I did notice they also have some “native” Arca clamps on some models and even have a bipod they you can just pull the legs out vs. press a button. Stuff’s happening over there.

PRS guys heads up.

Reactions: lash