• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRB M25 build (pics)

MAKO8551

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2006
Fresno, CA
Just got the barreled action home for my new toy. I ordered it 7 months ago!!! So damn happy but my JAE-100 stock should be here in two weeks.

LRB M25 R/L receiver
Krieger Heavy wt. s/s 1:10 twist
Sadlak Titanium gas piston
Sadlak N/M Spring Guide
Springfield WhiteFeather Trigger Group

Currently looking for a NSX 5.5-22 50mm to stick on top of it. If you have one lying around pm me!

Will post when finished and have a range report.

Hand loading tips for this beast are always appreciated.

m25small.jpg

Re: LRB M25 build (pics)

Why did you spring the extra $$ for a lugged receiver if you were planning on going with the JAE-100 stock?

(Nice combination, by the way: M25 + JAE-100. I recommend it!)

Never know got the rear lug so i would have other options in other stocks.

Also thinking about drilling and tapping the rear lug for the JAE

Sweet stick bud...I've got an LRB M25 coming my way as well and I should see it in a month. Gonna be a <span style="font-style: italic">LONG</span> month for me.

Have you been on the M14 Firing line forum?

Ante

A co-worker of mine has an M25 on order from LRB and he was told yesterday that it would be another 4 months (its been 2 months already).

I really have a soft spot for M14/M25's. Damn if I wasn't on a bolt gun kick right now I'd have one on order too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn if I wasn't on a bolt gun kick right now I'd have one on order too!</div></div>

Reconsider! Bolt guns are less ban-threatened by the current regime.

MAKO8551 -- how would drilling and taping work with the JAE stock?

The M-25 is first rate... my build is all SA with Sadlak guide rod, Smith ent. piston and other bits and pieces, Criterion mid weight barrel, NXS scope... It has been accurized (bedded action, unitized gas system, and reworked trigger). Using surplus Radway Green, I ring the gong at 600 all day! ETA: I should mention Tony Lawrence did the stock, Lakota did the paint on it!

L1020027.jpg

L1020029.jpg

my m25 and JAE is on order as well another 4-5 months...i went 1-11 twist, JAE told me they did not recommend the rear lugged

The rear lug of the m25 now comes drilled and tapped. I'm probably not going to mess with it but the aluminum chases in the JAE can be drilled to match. I discussed it with Lisa at JAE and they were entertaining the idea adding it to the stock.

Just a note this is my only M1a and you never know in 10 years what is going to come out. I just didn't want to kick myself over $150 later down the road.

can't say I disagree with you...Maybe I will have to talk to lisa again myself and maybe update with LRB, congrats on a BA rifle

The just of the conversation was it would work but probably be completely unnecessary. From what others have said it would probably be redundant as hell but who knows what happens when you are bored in a machine shop.

lol. Lisa at JAE is awesome. She found my post and reverse looked up my email and called my cell 5 minutes ago. What she said made perfect sense:

The LRB is drilled and tapped on the center. To make the JAE match you would have to drill through the seam. A big NO NO.

As I mentioned above this would be completely redundant anyway, but just goes to show watch what you say on the internet Lisa is watching!

Lisa is awesome, really helpful and responsive. A lot of companies out there could take lessons from her on customer service.

MAKO -- glad to hear I didn't miss out on a new accurizing technique that would require a new receiver!
wink.gif

This may be your first, but I don't think it'll be your only M1A for very long. They're addictive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
L1020027.jpg

L1020029.jpg
</div></div>

THAT is an amazing looking piece of kit! excellent.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

L1020027.jpg

L1020029.jpg
</div></div>

Droooool, that is one of the finest M1As I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it, now I must have one of those too.

Lisa has definately set the customer service bar to which everyone else should be judged in my opinion as well...JAE has been a pleasure to do business

The JAE stock looks pretty good - is the metal to metal fit similar to what you would get with the AICS system (drop in)? I am unclear if the lug gets tapped or not to make it work.

I wish mine looked like that
frown.gif
. I agree that is one of nicest M1As I have seen. I want one just like it.

MAKO 8551. I want, you sell to me now!! I have two, 1 (springfeild super match) for cmp sevice rifle matchs and I just picked up 1 from a armor at fort dix NJ. A M25 made by texas brigade armory. I shoot at the Cumberland rifleman in NJ. We have a nice 600yd DCM range. Please post picks when your gun is done.

when you do scope the rifle make sure you check the rail to see that its centered to the cross hairs of the scope. Use a laser bore sighter and follow these directions (borrowed from M14forum)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert on M14Forum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use a chamber style laser boresight with a scope mounted. Then use a punch to drift it to get the reticle aligned horizontally, remove the scope and torque the screws down. Of course make sure the scope is really at zero by rotating it side to side in the rings while looking through it to make sure the reticle stays centered and doesn't "swing". I went with 65 in-lbs. on mine and it's solid. If the screws ever come loose I'll put a drop of some low strength thread lock or clear nail polish on the threads</div></div>

Any day now. The JAE is taking a bit longer and I sent the barreled reciver to Black Ice Coatings to black teflon the ss barrel. I will let you knw how it turns out.
Like watching water boil! I'm going stir crazy.

jae100.jpg

Got my Jae-100 today and it is sweet. My SS barrel is getting shipped back to me this week with the black Teflon coating. I should have completed pix and range report in a couple weeks.

Beautiful guns in here. I wish I had never sold my M1A. I really need to get one again.

All Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lee @ Black Ice Coatings did a fantastic job of Black Teflon coating the SS barrel. Just came back in today.
Put it together an hour ago and she is heavy as hell. Just the way I like it. 20lbs as it sits with optics and <span style="text-decoration: underline">empty</span> mag.

I have some Tubb's Final Finnish (they work) rounds to break it in tomorrow. It should give me a pretty good idea of what she can do. I'll post the results.

m25tablesm.jpg

m25sm.jpg

m25grassm.jpg

Took it for a spin today. Shooting slightly over 1 MOA with the Tubbs Polishing rounds. This trip should have the barrel all broken in. I have no doubts I will be able to find a .5 MOA load. Cant wait to get started. Great gun.

Notes:
1. the JAE stock NEEDS several butt spacers for LOP
2. Heavy Heavy Heavy
smile.gif

Almost a year later I have been having my best luck with 155gr a-max's. Pretty consistent 1/2 MOA give or take a flyer. I am pretty sure I squeezed all the accuracy out of this platform. Also what what prompted this update is yesterday I sent 3 rounds through the same hole at 100 yards. No clover leaf, same hole, it was luck but still Awesome!!!

I've got an LRB M-25 in a Mcmillan M3-A stock set up pretty much like yours. I've shot a plenty of groups in the 1/2 moa range at 400 yds.
I love that rifle!

Nice LRB!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAKO8551</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Put it together an hour ago and she is heavy as hell.
Just the way I like it. 20lbs as it sits with optics and <span style="text-decoration: underline">empty</span> mag.

</div></div>

That's quite a bit heavier than my M21A5 Crazy Horse EBR...