• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF Mono, which one?

Hunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Tennessee
I'm still using an older Sig rangefinder and the display is fading out on me. I need a new rangefinder but want something that'll last and is accurate. Wouldn't mind another Sig provided the display last longer than this one. Who are the players these days in the 4-5K yard range without breaking the bank?

Last edited:
You arent getting accurate returns at long range with cheap LRF. You get what you pay for. A few years ago the saying was $1/yard for accurate and repeatable readings.

There is a reason at matches people go, Can you range the target with the leica's please......its because their leupold/vortex/sig aren't reliable. They may say they range X distance, but there is a reason much better units claim to range much less and are limited by software. Having the actual range instead of a made up number is more important. They understand the limitations of the tech, and software cap them for this reason.

If you need something in the 4-5K range for reliable returns, you need to spend about twice that on a new PLRF or find an old used one that you can't warranty.

A set of 3200/3500 Leica's blows the Sig10ks out of the water. All you have to do is look through both before even touching the laser to understand why.

Needing to go past 3k reliably? This is pretty much what you are looking at, I don't even know if they make the 15c anymore.

vectronix_plrf25c_ble_x3_pocket_laser_range_Finder_with_accessories_PLRF25C_916704__61769.1678224464.png

Let's try this another way. Sig Kilo 2000 is what I have now and the display is fading. Otherwise it's been a great rangefinder. What's out today that's similar that you'd recommend? Another Sig or something else?

Are the Sig displays still fading after a period of time?

Sigs are great electronically, good optically. For the $$$ they are a great unit. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Sigs are great if you like the idea of everything being blue. Hands down the worst glass I have ever seen on an optic over $200, which is hilarious since they were $2,000.