• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision LRF range finder with NODs

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    What are the options out there for LRF that can be used with NODs.

I've seen the Pulsar Trail with LRF and I SiCo made one for a while, but what else is out there? My google-fu is not giving me much satisfaction.

I've never used them together so I guess the question is how do you use a LRF on a target that is at say 250 to 300 yds that you can only see in the NODs.

For example a weapon mounted thermal scope. How or what LRF would you use to get a range?

You can see the laser on most consumer LRFs through NODs. Easy to use.

The way I've done it using a standard leica 2700b is holding it up with a nod over my right eye, get the leica to fire in continuous mode while no looking through the eyepiece, release button when the laser is pinging the target, look through eye piece with the left eye. If it had an nvg compatible hud you could just look through it but sadly no.

Reactions: DoubleHaul
    I'm amazed at how good my leica 2200 HDB 10x42 binoculars work for scanning and ranging with dual pvs14s. So far I've been ranging and shooting 6inch steel plates out to 600 yards at my range. The 2200HDB have the internal ballistics but dont link to a kestral. The illuminated readout for range and drop is only displayed in the Right side of the bino, and is easy to read with night vision.

Reactions: COTTON_00
    I’ve used a Leica CRF directly in front of a PVS 14. It’s bright, but works. Was an issued PVS 14 so I wasn’t too concerned about damaging it but I never noticed a problem.

So it would be hard to pull off, but I'm guessing I should be able to see my LRF laser through my PVS 30 clip on?

Reactions: Evolution 9
    It’s VERY hard to get a handheld LRF pointed just right into the tiny FOV of your PVS 30.

I’ve done it many times.
    It works.
    The coyotes are usually long gone by the time I make it work.

🤷‍♂️

It’s VERY hard to get a handheld LRF pointed just right into the tiny FOV of your PVS 30.

I’ve done it many times.
    It works.
    The coyotes are usually long gone by the time I make it work.

🤷‍♂️

Very good point. Since getting my PVS 30 I've been trying to figure out how to range targets. Had no clue that the NV might be able to see my LRF laser. At least now I've got something new to try at the range.

Reactions: Evolution 9
    The SilencerCo Radius works very well with clip-on setups. You can definitely see it’s bar-shaped beam flash when ranging at night, nice little confirmation that it’s right on target.
    6A6D6159-45DC-41E9-AE27-B861A3C56A2B.jpeg