• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF Spotting scope L bracket/mount

xcDave15

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2012
PA
I wanted a cheap and easy way to attach my range finder to my spotting scope. Using a scrap piece of aluminum I built my first version of this over the weekend. Since I have another 2feet of aluminum I think I might make a second one that puts the range finder on the right side of my spotting scope. I need to take it in the field before I make changes. On a stroke of luck though, the centerish of my spotting scopes field of view is lined up with the center/aiming point of my range finder out a couple hundred yards.
I didn't take many pictures along the way but its fairly simple- cut a 8 inchish length of angled aluminium, bent it 90 degrees, cut the angle off one side, contor the other side to 'match' the spotting scope, bolt the angel together, drill the holes and paint it black.

Rear view:

Front view:

Bracket:

Man, if you could loop that around the top to mount a kestrel or weatherhawk on it, you'd have the trifecta complete.